UnDo A Forcible Merging

Im sure he would be more then happy to move it knowing that you dont want it next to your settlement :thinking:

3 Likes

That’s what you get for being politically incorrect.
Try to be more diplomatic and polite. Believe me, it does wonders :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I want to be very clear about this. I’m not hear to attack anyone. We dont need to shame each other. Would like to see things resolved with respect to one another.

4 Likes

It’s about time to end the discussion here before some people have too much fun and others regret getting baited again.

6 Likes

Although I’m thankful for the support, I agree.

2 Likes

You are correct. It just makes me sad to see toxic things in game. Goodbye Boundless

3 Likes

Why are there suddenly so many flagged posts here? There are no personal attacks and it is quite on topic. Let’s keep the discussion as open as possible.

2 Likes

On topic: I do like the idea of an opt out/opt in system as even as far back as EA borging (as it was called then, assimilating towns) existed. However there may be more to it then a simple system solution.

Edited for spelling.

Edit: What we have now with buffers does help prevent this issue from arising where we can plan ahead which is a big step forward.

2 Likes

Boundless has always been toxic “game of Thrones” like. I have said it before and Ill say it again its PvP only here its “Plot vs Plot” theres no referee and so grievances are settled with plots or builds we all know it half talking on this very page have done it. So lets not be painting villains and feigning the moral high because we have all done our share of PvP (plotvsPlot) activity hell its part of the game and I sell lots of popcorn while eating lots.

I was once told a long time ago plot what you dont want someone to get or someone will get it. Its true. Dont let your beacon run out or it will be gone. its true.

DONT however hate the player for using game mechanics hate the game with your feet which is what ppl have done.

Next week well get another thread just like this and someone else will be vilified.
MY advise if you play boundless get some thick skin and a good strategy and a trusted ally or two and Pac man your way to the top lol

5 Likes

This is why i play IRL sometimes. Its awesome

4 Likes

I can and I will. People motives to agitate another player just trying to enjoy the game disturbs me. What you say is a sad truth. The plotting mechanic can be used in PVP style and it definitely has. It’s a game, it’s an outlet to relieve the stress of the day. Though for some it is a way to attack other people.

4 Likes

What platform is IRL on :open_mouth:

Is it a part of a Halloween sale on its platform?

Happy Halloween everyone, what’s going on in this threa… oh.

Time to put this thread in time-out.

11 Likes

I’m going to cautiously unlock this thread… but on the condition that we dont pick up where we left off and get back onto the topic posted by OP. I don’t want to see a bunch of replies to the hidden posts- they are flagged and hidden for a reason! Just… pretend they arent there, k?

I’ll be keeping my eye on this… :eye:

I just want private planets so that everybody can build in peace =(

There are always two sides to every story, and it doesn’t take much of a communication breakdown to rub someone the wrong way.

I once started a build in a city, free plots, greeted my new neighbors and told them what I was building… only to have him start zig-zag plotting all around me which shut down my plans. We eventually became friends, but that’s a long story.

And I may have built a puke tower in response to his plotting :grimacing:

1 Like

Glad to see someone is keeping an eye out for somethings. Guess some just have to deal with the kick in the face. Don’t worry I’m done after this message. Continue on everyone and have a good day. @Goblinounours we tried bud. Hope the best for you and hope to see ya around still.

The support is still appreciated. :wink:
Next time, I’ll try not to get involved again, though, you understand. It quickly backfires on me, as we’ve seen.

3 Likes

What if there was a new type of glass that only showed how the naked world was before the builds when you looked through it…?

1 Like

That’d be cool, but I can’t even begin to imagine how that could even remotely be doable. That would likely require anything behind the glass to be loaded independently. It would put so much pressure on the player’s computer, too. :confused:

1 Like

I would have supported mall and city roads not having buffers or an easier way to stop it so maybe that is what was being thought about. Otherwise, I don’t directly remember supporting it, but when if I had to make a statement my belief has always been that a road is only 1 wide and that it would not have a buffer because it is there to create connection between two locations. Now that buffers don’t apply to 1 wide plots I feel that fits perfectly because for the game right now since we walk/run a 1 wide road is all that is needed.

Personally, anything larger might be called a road by some but I will usually see them as only a way to connect and force merge settlements because 2 wide roads didn’t usually exist until “2 wide plots” were needed to connect settlements. Then when 3 was required all of a sudden 3 wide roads starting showing. I understand that in some cases and for some people they just prefer 3 wide and I can understand that. But since 3 wide can connect settlements I won’t like them. IF we provide opt-out features and redo how settlements are created then all of a sudden 99% of my issue with 3 or 2 wide plots kind of disappears.

My other “nerfs” as you put it has been a consistent belief that prestige is bad for the game and should be removed and delinked from things. That isn’t just for a road, it is for everything. I’ve been consistent with that view on the game since my first few days into EA. The same view has held about footfall for all of the game - not parts of it.

I agree with plot buffers until such time that annexation or force settlement mergers go away and some other mechanism to help people plan and protect their larger game play plans for public worlds.

2 Likes