UnDo A Forcible Merging

I don’t remember ever posting about or promoting “removing plot buffers” from roads. If you can find a post of mine saying that I will gladly apologize or explain again what I might have meant. About the only thing I have ever talked about roads is that any size 1, 2, 3 should not help link settlements in any form as well as that I don’t really agree with roads out in the wild or ones that aren’t asked for by the settlements that they pass by.

2 Likes

People build where they want to build with no regard for their neighbors to begin with. But I don’t need to tell you that, when you yourself have done that

3 Likes

I dont get how this end up being some road war again…
@PanduhGaymes
I think… if you can… you could try move away few plots to detach yourself from the city etc…maybe but a sign there too?

That is indeed a concern where even the plot protection system can’t help.
It’s frustrating when you’ve worked for months - almost a year - on a build with a specific style that took months to develop and refine, and someone decides to build something completely different in style, quality and colors right next to you (mere plots away) without even having the basic courtesy of sharing his/her plans with you. Basically feels like your work is being covered with mud.
Like, I’ve talked with my neighbors before expanding my settlement near them. I wanted to know they were ok with it beforehand. It’s insane that it’s not the norm.
Some people just don’t care what others think, I guess they just can’t live in a community.

10 Likes

Roads are not just roads anymore…on certain planets they make them 3 plots wide and just make roads to no where just to plot the planet…It’s stupid to me…

5 Likes

My issue is, they built the “road” right up to one of my oldest buildings, which I can’t easily move. When they first plotted out I assumed it was unintentional and backed up a couple plots, they continued up and actually built in a road to connect it. At this point the plots are directly lined up and I can’t detach without tearing down my two oldest (and actually first ever) builds, something I really don’t want. I have had these plots since April when I joined the game, they started their build in early september I believe?
Someone mentioned creating a support ticket, does anyone know how I could do that?
Also, I never meant to start up a fight about possible systems, I am sorry about that.

4 Likes

I have a similar issue. Someone has dug a tunnel running for about 20 plots at the side of my build, hasn’t built anything, just dug a tunnel, which means I can’t expand my base any further in that direction and doesn’t respond to my messages asking them to unplot it. Clearly done just to grief me! :angry:

To be honest… thats not even that “big” deal… i mean theres whole forests plotted in some planets and theres nothing there…

1 Like

No your doomed.

1 Like

Not even trees?

I know 1 planet wich forest is untouchable … all the stuff is underground… its fine by me… do your underground base… but does it have to be under the damn forest?

I know people like nice places but the fact that this player cuts 1 REGION basically from natural builders is just beyond me!

This is one of the planets that has one of the best forests in the whole game… there is not enough forest regions honestly.

1 Like

Cuts a region from natural builders, by building underground?
But that keeps the natural landscape pristine, and unless the surface is plotted, the nature is free to butcher.

1 Like

You cannot… plot there… do you understand that?
You cannot plot top of someone elses plot.

…Yes? You don’t need to be so aggressive.

When you say ‘natural builders’, I assume you mean “building around the natural landscape” rather than “building in the forest”.

If it’s the latter, there’s always the option I use; Building my own natural landscape to fit the build I’m making.

I mean nothing negative by that at all, there’s no need to be angry like that.

2 Likes

Im not aggressive.
Just stated the obvious.
I guess we all think different on some things.
Maybe i just say forest builders then.

Sry if sounded aggresive

which you can still do now. If you plot a large space and then pull back and create a buffer you have done exactly the same thing. So I am not sure I see the issue.

3 Likes

While I understand we need more planets with more of these unique features…

Perhaps the builder was using the forest as natural camouflage. Perhaps they just liked the forest.

Either way it’s their plots, their land, and none our business really.

2 Likes

Seems like I recall you supported it…perhaps you never typed the support in words but was assumed in context of the conversation so I will concede that…sorry.
Still With your own words you confirm desiring every one of the other nerfs so plot buffers become sort of mute.

So what’s your point? Still it is not common practice for me with as many plots and Roads as I have 2force merge anyone except in rare circumstances. I cannot help but to think that you just do not like me but have you really Venture down any of the roads on Biitula? You can see that in most cases I have gone to Great Lengths to avoid force connecting anyone. So hate me if you want but at least try to be aware that my actions have not been malicious

I know its their plots…
Its free for all so to speak.

Im not specificly complaining about the plots… im just saying we have so little amount of forest regions and those are all packed.
(Just saying this is not your plots incase you some how regonized as such).

Denying the whole forest from the community is outrageous… period