UnDo A Forcible Merging

Not talking about that planet. Nor was I referring to a force merge. I stated people build where and what they want regardless of who it might be near.

Common curtesy would be to ask the neighbors first

1 Like

Well if I use my imagination I can come up with the number of scenarios including the Las Vegas Strip one I came up with earlier.

I have heard time and time again people say that itā€™s not fair that someone else is benefiting from my work. Well if the other restrictions being mentioned including removing other plot buffers removing of football removal of it counting as part of the main settlement xcetera are Incorporated that is exactly where we are headed.

Itā€™s ridiculous to think someone connects to Road and expands beyond the road maybe using the guild way to skirt it literally incorporating the road into their City and somehow the road is not part of the city. Thatā€™s pure shenanigans on every level

I knew that. I was just defending the right of the other person to plot the forestā€¦ plus adding that we would all benefit from additional planets!

But that IS what the topic is about!!

1 Like

Which happens because people have no regard for their neighbors. And it only turns into a force merge when they have more prestige. If they connect to you and donā€™t have more prestige youā€™re taking them over. But I suppose you could still view it as them forcibly merging with you.

But in any case everything comes down to common curtesy and respecting those around you which unfortunately a lot of people donā€™t do.

4 Likes

wow, what the hack is that bizarrely ugly black thing?

7 Likes

I would love additional planets.

1 Like

We will just have to disagree. I personally do not think anyone should have to be part of any settlement they do not want to be a part of. If they can opt in or opt out, why should it matter to the other players since they have the same options? If I do not see any value in being part of settlement x then why be forced to do it? If settlement x wants me to join up then let them offer me something I find of value and not what they believe has value. If someone wants me to continue to be part of their settlement then they should not be able to lure me in and then once I am connected, change the conditions that brought me in. That forces me to remove work or an entire build if I do not want to be a part of the settlement. If I can opt out then I have an easy remedy.

7 Likes

oh damn I am very sorry to see that @Goblinounours

7 Likes

Im sure he would be more then happy to move it knowing that you dont want it next to your settlement :thinking:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what you get for being politically incorrect.
Try to be more diplomatic and polite. Believe me, it does wonders :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I want to be very clear about this. Iā€™m not hear to attack anyone. We dont need to shame each other. Would like to see things resolved with respect to one another.

4 Likes

Itā€™s about time to end the discussion here before some people have too much fun and others regret getting baited again.

6 Likes

Although Iā€™m thankful for the support, I agree.

2 Likes

You are correct. It just makes me sad to see toxic things in game. Goodbye Boundless

3 Likes

Why are there suddenly so many flagged posts here? There are no personal attacks and it is quite on topic. Letā€™s keep the discussion as open as possible.

2 Likes

On topic: I do like the idea of an opt out/opt in system as even as far back as EA borging (as it was called then, assimilating towns) existed. However there may be more to it then a simple system solution.

Edited for spelling.

Edit: What we have now with buffers does help prevent this issue from arising where we can plan ahead which is a big step forward.

2 Likes

Boundless has always been toxic ā€œgame of Thronesā€ like. I have said it before and Ill say it again its PvP only here its ā€œPlot vs Plotā€ theres no referee and so grievances are settled with plots or builds we all know it half talking on this very page have done it. So lets not be painting villains and feigning the moral high because we have all done our share of PvP (plotvsPlot) activity hell its part of the game and I sell lots of popcorn while eating lots.

I was once told a long time ago plot what you dont want someone to get or someone will get it. Its true. Dont let your beacon run out or it will be gone. its true.

DONT however hate the player for using game mechanics hate the game with your feet which is what ppl have done.

Next week well get another thread just like this and someone else will be vilified.
MY advise if you play boundless get some thick skin and a good strategy and a trusted ally or two and Pac man your way to the top lol

5 Likes

This is why i play IRL sometimes. Its awesome

4 Likes

I can and I will. People motives to agitate another player just trying to enjoy the game disturbs me. What you say is a sad truth. The plotting mechanic can be used in PVP style and it definitely has. Itā€™s a game, itā€™s an outlet to relieve the stress of the day. Though for some it is a way to attack other people.

4 Likes

What platform is IRL on :open_mouth:

Is it a part of a Halloween sale on its platform?