Universal Forge Ingredient Apocalypse

Ever play Dual Universe?

No, but I have heard of it.

Have you heard it not total ■■■■? If so, im gonna get a backer account. I think everyone who has it is terrified of their NDA. I don’t want details, just a general attitude lol :grin:

1 Like

So if an OG has a higher price they = paying attention.
If a new player has a higher price = bad. Alrighty.

2 Likes

Not saying at all they are bad! But they don’t get the economy… that I will say. Seriously. This has been my science since day one…

I will add… as a mall owner and a shop keeper. Being a mall owner does not give you the same experience as being a shop keeper.

My pricing experience is from being a shop keeper… being a mall owner has taught me how to change signs.

1 Like

I haven’t tried it…I tend to test things out to form my own opinion…sometimes people can get into a mob mentality and railroad things. There are a few games with some sketchy bloatware and bad ethics that I won’t play no matter what. If I do test it, I can let you know what I think about it.

For example: I was an alpha tester for Amazon’s New World and I hated it lol

I’ve always run several shops too. Still do. I def do a lot more than just change signs in the mall lol

2 Likes

That’s not an easy job!
The text input is not pretty in anyway lol

1 Like

I also think that great fluctuations in pricing cause people to hold tight and some to raise prices with the expectation that prices will be higher tommorow. I never was bothered paying reasonable prices for ingredients so long as it made sense regarding what people would pay for stuff. But it will require people to get used to higher tool prices before i can justify the prices that i was seeing… And so long as there are limited resources for sale, I think you’ll see continued runs on common ingredients.

Also,. I’ll hunt and gather before I pay 70-100c per bitter and more than maybe 500c per core. I can make plenty of guild tools with minimal time collecting those… That being said, I suspect others have similar thresholds that should damp pricing a little in the long run.

4 Likes

What it comes down to is people undercutting.

Let them undercut. You’re stuff will still sell.

Play the long game.

2 Likes

Totally agree :+1:

2 Likes

But I still play more! :joy::joy::joy:

Stay safe my friend… and seriously… can I play Animal Crossing on PC? I want to play with you and @Leahlemoncakes

4 Likes

You too :blush:

@bucfanpaka Leah and several ppl here play AC, so you’d have a lot of friends to play with. I think nintendo said they will be bringing it to PC in the future :open_mouth: I hope so, bc I’d probably buy it then.

6 Likes

If people stop buying, prices will drop…

It’s just plain logic. I remember a time when rough oort was 180c each. People were buying it like crazy, sometimes offering more money to do a handtrade. So hunters started selling it for more money. And people kept buying.

If people stop buying, maybe prices will go down a bit. But as long as people will have baskets up that buy hopper cores for 1200c. Well. You’ll have to pay the price to get them lol.
That is the economy in this game.

2 Likes

Or people rage quit. There is no science other than don’t falsely inflate prices… and don’t undercut… especially if you can’t handle it.

Prices are arbitrary though. Whatever you want to sell, if you get all the mats yourself and do not buy anything to make them, the real cost is time. And durability on the tools that you used to get the mats necessary to making the thing.

It’s a matter of perspective imo

4 Likes

I agree… what it means is more than 8 people need to stop up and lead hunts.

(Side note… leading nuts is NOT fun. People troll. It costs the hunt leader coin… I could go on…
It actually kind of sad the lack of people willing to standup and who some ballzz… leading takes some practice… but seriously… where’re are the leaders?

We have what… four groups off peeps ready to host?

We need at least, 6 or 8.

I am a backer, and have participated in a few test weekends. Its quality. I don’t think the tech is there yet, but they are working on it… kinda like Star Citizen.

But, building and flying your own ship in Dual Universe is VERY rewarding. and very frustrating at first. but once you get thrusters all set, and placed correctly, and get off the ground and into space for the first time… its great feeling!

2 Likes

On topic… this is the second time I have heard of a need for forge ingredient shop… I’ll try and fill the void, just gotta set some prices

1 Like

If people undercut me with something that I sell, besides forged goods, I buy them out over and over again. I think I actually managed to make several people quit selling pies :joy:

One was selling all sorts of pies for 50c when they were way higher normally than they are now, she did it because she wanted to help people, uh huh, you helped a lot of people indeed but not the shop keepers who sold pies, haha, silly stuff. Ah well, I just kept ordering 1000’s of pies and resold them :smiley:

3 Likes