Update: Release Coming Next Week

This is how I feel as well. Im excited for these new worlds but so worried I won’t be able to afford them once they are released.

2 Likes

Isn’t it like 7:30 at night at HQ right now? I doubt something is about to come out right now. Probably just some minor updates from Luca or something since he doesn’t seem to work “typical” 8-5.

I can’t find the post where @james announced this change right now.

I quoted you both since now that it seems clear you will be able to pay out in advance I wonder whether you will be allowed to change colors on the monthly billing cycle regardless of how far out you’ve paid, or only on your own payment cycle, i.e. each time you pay to extend the world.

Presumably monthly since that would really deter people from paying out in advance, at least in the early days while you could expect new colors to come faster.

:thinking:

2 Likes

A troll detects a fellow troll haha. I didnt see that little detail :joy:

4 Likes

I remember that post as well I think. Played with it on test when my world was active. The timer on test was 10 minutes(i think?) given the nature of test it was naturally shorter to allow more fiddling with. But the intent was for you to be able to change the colors once a month at the world control beacon. IIRC it took a bit to implement so they could make sure when you changed the colors, it didn’t change the block colors others had already harvested. Thats why sov world blocks have a different ID (I think?)

I think the post you’re looking for is in one of the testing threads when this change was added. Is this it?

1 Like

Testing 245.3:

• Allow resetting a Sovereign World’s Block Colours once per payment cycle.
    • To enable this feature, player-placed blocks will never use the “0” world default colorIndex (as can be seen in the Player Debug window) on a Sovereign World so that when changing Block Colours, user builds will not change colours as well.
    • As a result of these changes, Beacon Prestige on a Sovereign World will work slightly differently, no longer being able to take into account whether blocks are “foreign coloured” or not, and so will find prestige to be slightly lower in general. (This does not affect any beacon prestige on normal worlds!!).
    • Due to these changes, the way that a Sovereign World behaves when Colours have not been finalised is also changed, with the “only” restriction being that default-coloured non-user-placed blocks will not produce “coloured” drops, which also affects Beacon Reclaims that may sometimes gather up such blocks too when modified by a user (This means there are no longer restrictions on placing blocks either, and creatures and meteorites will fall as normal even when Block Colours are not finalised).
    • All tabs in the World Control GUI screen are now always visible, so that permissions can be adjusted even without finalising block colours first. This allows you to invite others onto your world during colour selection.
    • You can review your current block colour selection even after finalising; the “Block Colours” tab will show a red exclamation mark next to it if block colours are waiting to be finalised.

It does not directly answer your question as far as if I rent for 6 months do I get to make a color change once or once each month. However I agree with you, why not allow it once each month to encourage players to pay in advance.

2 Likes

I remember this discussion in that thread. I think most of us assumed that it’d be monthly because why else would you rent a world on a longer term if you only got to change it once per ‘billing cycle’. But that is also assuming we can rent them by the month. Maybe it’ll be a 3 month minimum rental so one color change every 3 months.

Yeah it does use the verbiage “per payment cycle” as opposed to “per billing cycle” but tbh I’m not sure if that implies anything, either way.

Maybe this interval is something they will clarify with the upcoming FAQ.

4 Likes

Actually even if you paid in 6 month intervals it is likely that since a standard billing cycle would be monthly that you could still regen colors every 30 days. Simole if then else check.

Maybe they will read this thread and see that it is not as clear as they may have thought it was and provide a more detailed explanation in the FAQ.

1 Like

If we ever get the faq :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

you did not read the preliminary FAQ yet? Dulki posted it. .

KIDDING…

:sob: I was at least hoping for the faq today. :sob:

2 Likes

Testing definitely agreed with that conclusion as the ability to reset your world colors had a 10 minute timer. I think 30 days is the logical conclusion but until it’s in fine print, it could be banana.

2 Likes

Indeed. But at this point and thenlack of faq and release date is getting even more aggravating. It is like we are going to tell you next week but we are not giving you the date because we dont have to. It just makes it feel like we are in a constant hype loop just to get the devs rocks off. Not teying to be critical but this update has been an up and down hype machine through the whole process and it isn’t for our entertainment I can assure you.

2 Likes

The devs have definitely done a good job of absolutely crushing the hype I once had. I’m still interested but the hype and excitement is just about gone. Why? No specifics. Lay. Out. A. Schedule.

Like this:

1. Tuesday, FAQ by EOD UK time
  2. Wednesday, Update 247 rolls out!
  3. Thursday, Boundless Birthday celebration begins!

Instead of:

1. Hey guys we’re going to release next week. There’ll be a FAQ and we’ll do our birthday celebration towards the end of the week.
6 Likes

Well… at least… they told us something… but I am definitely baffled by having to wait for the actual release to have any pricing info. Not even an official ball-park. I still don’t know if I’ll be able to afford a creative world.

My hype kinda died down around July.

3 Likes

Man I stopped being so invested around August. After being in hype mode since like Feb-March I just couldn’t take it anymore. At this point I won’t believe this update is coming out until I’m actually standing on my own world (pending pricing).

3 Likes

Let’s be VERY clear WHO caused the HYPE - the community. They themselves are their own worst enemies in these things. Yes, the communication has been pretty closed by the Devs minus the OP of this thread, but at the end of the day - the people spamming the forum with hype and conjecture and all this are the ones that are causing the problem in my view and making others pissed things aren’t released.

I swear people here cannot ever be happy… One of the few times we actually GET A POST giving a heads up and people are still complaining. The Devs are busy trying to make sure the release goes well and that they can handle the planet builds when they do come in. That is certainly the most important thing here than the rest of the things people seem to think are important.

Can we please just step back and let the release happen when it hits… they are actually working you know and don’t do this “to get their rocks off”… Jesus.

12 Likes

A little ironic that these posts are on a dev thread that provides a lot of info about the upcoming release. There’s a lot going into it…it’s a big one. :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes