Update: Release Coming Next Week

cat dance 1 gif
Que up happy dance for the update!

10 Likes

4 Likes

its fake…
they would never shout an announcement/server update/patch

the test servers are down for an update

they did a release to staging 25 minutes ago. .

May not be a fake

2 Likes

why in the hell would it be a shout then?
its kinda worrisome to just shout that without actual release/update info

but ok yeah got nothing to say besides that xD

It’s his alt character name “Announcement”

9 Likes

A lot of people said the server announcements in game were annoying :woman_shrugging:
Maybe they are trying to appease them lol

agreed. . but it is an interesting coincidence

1 Like

Interesting, indeed… :thinking:

2 Likes

yea it’s my alt xD

6 Likes

No update to the test server client though. So they don’t want us data mining the new content before it’s released to live :wink:

4 Likes

you got me in the first half… i can give you that the pranker got pranked good job kudo’s to you

Good point. Still nice to see activity on the server side though. :slight_smile:

Really wish they would at least release pricing, in a non covid world it wouldn’t be a big deal, but as things are right now in some places things need to be budgeted more than usual. So it would at least be good for being able to plan on eeking out the cost in peoples budget to make sure they can sustain their Sovereigns and creatives.

3 Likes

This is how I feel as well. Im excited for these new worlds but so worried I won’t be able to afford them once they are released.

2 Likes

Isn’t it like 7:30 at night at HQ right now? I doubt something is about to come out right now. Probably just some minor updates from Luca or something since he doesn’t seem to work “typical” 8-5.

I can’t find the post where @james announced this change right now.

I quoted you both since now that it seems clear you will be able to pay out in advance I wonder whether you will be allowed to change colors on the monthly billing cycle regardless of how far out you’ve paid, or only on your own payment cycle, i.e. each time you pay to extend the world.

Presumably monthly since that would really deter people from paying out in advance, at least in the early days while you could expect new colors to come faster.

:thinking:

2 Likes

A troll detects a fellow troll haha. I didnt see that little detail :joy:

4 Likes

I remember that post as well I think. Played with it on test when my world was active. The timer on test was 10 minutes(i think?) given the nature of test it was naturally shorter to allow more fiddling with. But the intent was for you to be able to change the colors once a month at the world control beacon. IIRC it took a bit to implement so they could make sure when you changed the colors, it didn’t change the block colors others had already harvested. Thats why sov world blocks have a different ID (I think?)

I think the post you’re looking for is in one of the testing threads when this change was added. Is this it?

1 Like

Testing 245.3:

• Allow resetting a Sovereign World’s Block Colours once per payment cycle.
    • To enable this feature, player-placed blocks will never use the “0” world default colorIndex (as can be seen in the Player Debug window) on a Sovereign World so that when changing Block Colours, user builds will not change colours as well.
    • As a result of these changes, Beacon Prestige on a Sovereign World will work slightly differently, no longer being able to take into account whether blocks are “foreign coloured” or not, and so will find prestige to be slightly lower in general. (This does not affect any beacon prestige on normal worlds!!).
    • Due to these changes, the way that a Sovereign World behaves when Colours have not been finalised is also changed, with the “only” restriction being that default-coloured non-user-placed blocks will not produce “coloured” drops, which also affects Beacon Reclaims that may sometimes gather up such blocks too when modified by a user (This means there are no longer restrictions on placing blocks either, and creatures and meteorites will fall as normal even when Block Colours are not finalised).
    • All tabs in the World Control GUI screen are now always visible, so that permissions can be adjusted even without finalising block colours first. This allows you to invite others onto your world during colour selection.
    • You can review your current block colour selection even after finalising; the “Block Colours” tab will show a red exclamation mark next to it if block colours are waiting to be finalised.

It does not directly answer your question as far as if I rent for 6 months do I get to make a color change once or once each month. However I agree with you, why not allow it once each month to encourage players to pay in advance.

2 Likes