Update: Release Coming Next Week

You are right that people really need to stop with the wild expectations. At the end of the day the numbers are roughly going to be in the ranges people have talked about. James did EXTENSIVE research and evaluation of server costs across a whole range of Private Server offerings in games. That helped them build the baseline, but at the end of the day, each game has its own design. Plus we have different sized planets and they are trying to offer a variety of builds.

I never get why people are trying to pick the perfect number before it is released. We all know it can be anywhere between $5 - $50 because that is the range we see and what most know servers cost. Sure it could be $100, but they want this to be competitive and have shared also that this isn’t a “money maker” plan for them.

6 Likes

I would trade a (boundless avatar’s) leg & and an arm just to get an FAQ post right now. Sooooooooooo eager

2 Likes

I agree waiting patiently from the info from the devs I was hoping info would drop today.

Also just keep in mind Xaldafax people are excited its been a little while since we had an update. They are trying to pass time while they wait for it. Speculation is just part of the passing time.

2 Likes

And speculation is why the devs continue to be vague, cryptic and mysterious (tight-lipped) about everything. I’d like a bit more information than these cryptic, mysteriously vague messages we’ve been getting.

I love the fact the devs have told us the update is soon, but they’ve continued to leave out important necessary information for their community to be able to make proper decisions on things. Pricing is one of those things.

3 Likes

What is your reasoning behind this? I don’t think the speculation is leading them to stay tight-lipped…I think James has his communication strategy and the others have to follow it.

The rest I do agree about though. Beyond bizarre to have an imminent release and we still don’t have pricing info…the only argument I’ve seen in favor of this is “oh, it’s not finalized yet”. If it’s not finalized yet then it’s not releasing yet :rofl:

1 Like

I completely agree everyone is excited… I just see the “debate” as people trying to be right over others, etc. Personally, I’d just prefer people showcase their excitement via “what they are going to build,” or other things that bring the community together versus just wild speculation in an area none of us can control or know the final number.

6 Likes

Just look how much traffic these speculation threads get. Not to mention the debates that happen which … from my perspective, tend not to sway the direction the devs have for the game. I don’t know the devs plans, they don’t seem to have any.

I’m so hyped. I want my planet to be shades of berry. It’s going to be really girly. I have an idea for the biomes as well but waiting for more information.

8 Likes

Is this a typo? Did you mean the speculation is because the devs are tight-lipped?

Yes. (ten characters)

2 Likes

Better not wait for update, because when it hits there will be wait that system is back online and after that wait for first fix update :smiley:

1 Like

Ok yes this makes more sense and I agree. I thought you meant to say the devs are tight lipped because of the speculation…I kinda doubt they enjoy how much we rip on them and their communication but anyone under James (so everyone) doesn’t really have much say in the matter.

1 Like

out of curiosity, not sure if its been mentioned yet, but is there a limit on how often a sovereign world owner can change their bioms/colors?

Colors, once per pay cycle.

3 Likes

Yes, a Sovereign planet owner can change the colors once per billing period (monthly).

2 Likes

Ive always thought you were a robot with some smart AI. Sneaky Simoyd.

ahh good to hear! was a bit worried ppl were gonna change daily making it super unreliable to farm certain color blocks lol

1 Like

I want mine to be as black as the devils heart…muahaha. j/k

2 Likes

I was curious on that as well thanks for the info my debating buddy. :upside_down_face: