i’ve stayed up since i started boundless

3 Likes

I am so surprised there has not been a updated yet :rofl:

2 Likes

Chill the week just started.

2 Likes

Not even a spoiler for the hungry masses :joy:

1 Like

Since we haven’t received the FAQ yet I think that’s either coming at end of day today or tomorrow or Wednesday. Release will probably either be slightly after the FAQ so people can read the FAQ and ask any additional questions before ordering a world.

so like @kasaisaru said, we can all chill.

Even once you order the world there will be a delay in it being generated…

So breathe in, breathe out :rofl:

3 Likes

Waiting for some info on pricing…

Good old “week commencing” statement. In almost every situation I have come across(and used) this its pretty much to give them the week to sort out last minute details. Even Sunday would still be w/c 14th although unlikely its a possibility.

1 Like

Keep on waiting. You get to spend hours creating your perfect world and the terrains just right…then you find out its $25 a month :rofl::rofl::rofl:. I am joking…just like the fact its release is this week and no prices are known. Imagine having a game release this week and have no idea how much it costs, makes excitement difficult for me.

1 Like

$20-25/mo sounds about right for a 60 person game server.

1 Like

Sadly I think a lot of people are hoping to pay $5. Personally I don’t have much idea of value when it comes to server rental and how BL is set up on those servers so couldn’t guess what it will be

1 Like

Not necessarily. When you look at the costs for a server for the closest game to Boundless you can get right now, ie. Minecraft, you’re looking at between $/€9.99 - $/€12.99 pm for a 50-100 player server. Prices vary between service providers but that’s the average from what I can see.

1 Like

Yeah, my research showed the $15-20 price range for an MC server for ~60 concurrent players. I should have said $15-25 range, really.

1 Like

You cannot use Minecraft servers as a benchmark for how much the servers would cost because we don’t know exactly what and how the Boundless servers themselves run due to the way they’ve been so under wraps and closed information about it.

4 Likes

38 posts were split to a new topic: Sovereign Worlds price speculation

This is a fair point and maybe why we should all hold off on the speculation and wait and see what they have to tell us. Personally, I hate speculation but love could hard facts and official information. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh now I get it! If they make a post called “Release Coming Next Week” then they don’t ever have to release because it’s always next week!

16 Likes

Yes. I would LOVE the community to stop with the constant speculation so the devs would see we want more info than what they’ve been giving us.

2 Likes

Big brains.
Approved.

2 Likes

I agree with you on this nicely pointed out

I’ve paid up to $15 per month for other MMO’s. I’d expect a similar cost. But if it’s something like EVE’s old $29.95, then I’ll pass.