Update: Release Coming Next Week

I remember this discussion in that thread. I think most of us assumed that it’d be monthly because why else would you rent a world on a longer term if you only got to change it once per ‘billing cycle’. But that is also assuming we can rent them by the month. Maybe it’ll be a 3 month minimum rental so one color change every 3 months.

Yeah it does use the verbiage “per payment cycle” as opposed to “per billing cycle” but tbh I’m not sure if that implies anything, either way.

Maybe this interval is something they will clarify with the upcoming FAQ.

4 Likes

Actually even if you paid in 6 month intervals it is likely that since a standard billing cycle would be monthly that you could still regen colors every 30 days. Simole if then else check.

Maybe they will read this thread and see that it is not as clear as they may have thought it was and provide a more detailed explanation in the FAQ.

1 Like

If we ever get the faq :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

you did not read the preliminary FAQ yet? Dulki posted it. .

KIDDING…

:sob: I was at least hoping for the faq today. :sob:

2 Likes

Testing definitely agreed with that conclusion as the ability to reset your world colors had a 10 minute timer. I think 30 days is the logical conclusion but until it’s in fine print, it could be banana.

2 Likes

Indeed. But at this point and thenlack of faq and release date is getting even more aggravating. It is like we are going to tell you next week but we are not giving you the date because we dont have to. It just makes it feel like we are in a constant hype loop just to get the devs rocks off. Not teying to be critical but this update has been an up and down hype machine through the whole process and it isn’t for our entertainment I can assure you.

2 Likes

The devs have definitely done a good job of absolutely crushing the hype I once had. I’m still interested but the hype and excitement is just about gone. Why? No specifics. Lay. Out. A. Schedule.

Like this:

1. Tuesday, FAQ by EOD UK time
  2. Wednesday, Update 247 rolls out!
  3. Thursday, Boundless Birthday celebration begins!

Instead of:

1. Hey guys we’re going to release next week. There’ll be a FAQ and we’ll do our birthday celebration towards the end of the week.
6 Likes

Well… at least… they told us something… but I am definitely baffled by having to wait for the actual release to have any pricing info. Not even an official ball-park. I still don’t know if I’ll be able to afford a creative world.

My hype kinda died down around July.

3 Likes

Man I stopped being so invested around August. After being in hype mode since like Feb-March I just couldn’t take it anymore. At this point I won’t believe this update is coming out until I’m actually standing on my own world (pending pricing).

3 Likes

Let’s be VERY clear WHO caused the HYPE - the community. They themselves are their own worst enemies in these things. Yes, the communication has been pretty closed by the Devs minus the OP of this thread, but at the end of the day - the people spamming the forum with hype and conjecture and all this are the ones that are causing the problem in my view and making others pissed things aren’t released.

I swear people here cannot ever be happy… One of the few times we actually GET A POST giving a heads up and people are still complaining. The Devs are busy trying to make sure the release goes well and that they can handle the planet builds when they do come in. That is certainly the most important thing here than the rest of the things people seem to think are important.

Can we please just step back and let the release happen when it hits… they are actually working you know and don’t do this “to get their rocks off”… Jesus.

12 Likes

A little ironic that these posts are on a dev thread that provides a lot of info about the upcoming release. There’s a lot going into it…it’s a big one. :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

This so much this. Possibly the most entitled community (despite also being one of the nicest) I’ve ever met. But you hit the nail right on the head.

2 Likes

Yeah yeah, it’s always the community’s fault with Xal… ^^’
And sure, you make some good points. But IMHO, the devs also make many mistakes in judgement in the way they handle their communication and community. It was a biiiiiig mistake to focus on under-the-hood fixes, new rules and systems during the whole of 2020.

Most people who have been playing for several years need actual content to be kept entertained. It’s as simple as that.

This upcoming update is still not that. Even with sovereign worlds, most players are still gonna do that exact same things. Creative worlds will shake things up a bit, though…

2 Likes

Yes they do make mistakes. But, they have a very specific set of reasons that they act the way they do and communicate like they do. The community does not. They are happy, mad, sad, whatever based on how the wind blows. So while I completely agree on holding Devs accountable - and I certainly do on my calls - people should acknowledge they are really trying and give them more of a benefit of the doubt over just saying they are doing it on purpose or are idiots.

Wait until release and all those planets requests go in and they aren’t delivered in 4 minutes. That will be the next complaint session I bet.

It was more important to fix core issues so the game can grow instead of putting more people into a kill box that was going to blow up. You weren’t happy with 1 person putting a build by you (fully justified in my view to not be happy) and not being nice… imaging 1000 people having old school rules applying to their play style? Talk about killing the game faster… I don’t think anyone here likes that we had to revamp parts of the game - but those that are being fair and honest - should be able to see that it was much more important than not doing it.

8 Likes

People is bad with expectation management. As soon as they said they were doing creatives WITH sovs just assumed the workload drastically increased as a result. So ive spent time doing other things like reading and gardening more when i have free time instead of Boundless. now when things finally go live itll be like starting over i bet and ill be utterly immersed for weeks. if boundless is the only hobby you have then i can imagine getting stir crazy

1 Like

Absolutely not agreeing with this. You might be more understanding towards the devs because of the calls you have with them, but we each have our own point of view, and most of us would likely tend to hold Wonderstruck to a level of transparency equal to that of most game studios.

I mean, I for one am super happy that the devs made this OP, although I would say it’s the least they should’ve done.
I also think I’m definitely legitimized to say that it’s not normal for us to have so little information while the update releases this week.
We don’t have pricing info. We don’t actually know the exact options we’ll have to generate a world. We don’t know the exact limits we’ll have.
That’s the sort of things the devs should’ve told us weeks if not months ago.

I won’t argue with that, you’re perfectly right. But still, there should’ve been more actual content placed in-between these revamps.

2 Likes

In short I think it is a 2 way street. Cause and effect.

1 Like