Update: Release Coming Next Week

All of that!

Actually there are many posts from me saying there should be more transparency. I am only understanding of the Devs because at the end of the day it is their game and they are the only ones here that have the right to decide how communication looks. They also have a small team and a lot of the things people want takes TIME. So for me (whether I had Dev access or not) working on the game is more important than communication. I was in EA when it was like that and we survived. Better to have good working code over a nice FAQ or price information. But, I understand some think that knowing a price (before you can buy it) is much more important than making sure the release happens this week.

There is “cause and effect” on both sides in my view. The Devs lack of communication does not cause the effect of people disappointed about the HYPE they created. It actually should cause the opposite - less hype because there was not much “hype creation and words” done by the Devs.

I’m not for the lack of communication and can understand the frustrations behind it. But, like I said above, getting the release is more important than staying in the “know” in my view.

4 Likes

I have fun playing this game. I check the forums daily to see if there is a new bug issue or some problem, or just to see if someone needs something and I can help them get it.
When I saw this post, I thought “Ooh, it’s here. Can’t wait to see it.”
But it’s nearly 11 pm there, so I don’t really expect to see it come out today. But there’s always tomorrow or the next day. Just have to wait patiently.

3 Likes

True we must be patient, the post is on fire because: today no communication by Devs and update not coming, tomorrow because of prices, after planet time delivery. Oh boy :wink::joy: too much hype!

I just want to note this point.

I would actually contend that the Devs current communication styles is in line with creating hype.

Dropping screen shots of birthday mobs with limited info.

Dropping hints about features without fleshing them out.

Those communication styles are used by marketing teams to create hype. They allow the individual to see the thing, get their own impression, get excited about what it could mean.

I have posted before that I doubt without significant investment the devs are positioned to communicate in the way the community wants without significant fallout from the community. I.e. missed deadlines or features (like the hunter)

Pivoting communication requires reorganization in their dev process and someone to manage that communication.

They seem more focused on keeping the development moving and down the line they may take the community feedback.

I would just not pin 100% of the hype on the community.

8 Likes

1,000 senerios, cause and effect, endless possibilities, everyone just stop the blaming. All it causes is hatred. We are human beings start treating people as such. I’m just as excited as some…knock it off please :expressionless:

4 Likes

I got your back!

6 Likes

:point_down:t2: :point_down:t2: :point_down:t2: :grin:

loveevrybody

7 Likes

Yeah, agreed. Where’d those shields go?

4 Likes

I still wonder what happened to the hunter. It looked pretty much done two years ago.

4 Likes

Well, to be fair… those shields were shared by a community member first before WS went public with it :joy:

4 Likes

That’s fair, lol. But they looked soooo good.

1 Like

Yup I agree, they looked awesome!
I think they’re going to be included in an update along with some sort of melee weapon(s), so they’re still on the cards afaik.

5 Likes

^ This 100% ^
If you know anything about me, you know that for about 2 years, I’ve been hyped about all the furnitures teased in concept-arts years before I even started playing the game.
I love seeing these concept arts, but teasing them so far ahead, as soon as they were done, some even before they were validated (when they were just ‘explorations’), that wasn’t the smartest move. Here we are, years later, and still waiting.

The current hype is several things : the way the devs communicate only tidbits of info without much context and details, a total lack of actual chunky content for months, and a feature about to be released that people want and has been promised since the inception of the game.

Thing is, the devs don’t know how to handle their own hype, so we don’t get concept-arts anymore… but we still get screenshots on Twitter of things with almost 0 context, like the shields… that not much better.

That’s a good question. Maybe they shelved it because there was some issue. In any case, I personally never was hyped by the thought of that new creature annoying me while doing chores, so I won’t cry for it. ^^

1 Like

What I want to know is why they changed the character models? What was wrong with the ones they had? They were part of why I initially bought the game after seeing the release trailer…

4 Likes

There’s always been something off with the new ones, IMO, it’s these lines that define the muscles. The old ones had a smoother-looking skin that I think worked better.
But if/when Wonderstruck actually adds clothing / armor, everything should end-up being quite different!

Got a question.

What if i have unfinished reclaim In progress
and i have put beacon out To someones sovereign and the owner desides To force reclaim it.

Where does the reclaim go from that beacon? As i have unfinished reclaim progress

2 Likes

Goes to the list of beacons under reclaim. You can have a ton of beacons in the queue for reclaim but can only access one at a time.

1 Like

I’ve never liked the muscle lines.

Even if an alien was bipedal and looked like us, it’s muscle setup would definitely be at least a little different.

i tested this on test server. had a reclaim open that in a beacon on a sov planet and had someone blacklist me and reclaim all beacons.
was able to get all blocks in that reclaim as well as the build. so cant make someone lose everything at the click of a button.

2 Likes