Update: Release Coming Next Week

Thursday is the Anniversary Event.

2 Likes

The birthday celebration is Thursday. The update itself is ambiguous, but the birthday celebration will require an update, so the update is likely on or before Thursday, but not guaranteed.

I think the issue here is that you have to assume & read between the lines to get anything resembling concrete info on the planets release.

2 Likes

Then the bring the update whit the event …

Then they should have just said it would all be released then, period.

Personally, I think the reason behind that, is that the developers themselves only have an estimate (or a target) of when the release date will be - not a concrete one.

They took the test servers out of public commission yesterday and put them into dev only mode to test deployment on a slightly smaller scale. Maybe this revealed some previously unknown edge cases - which may be why we have seem several updates hit the developers staging environment over the last few days.

The live universe is a much larger beast with likely many more potential edge cases, due to the larger number of players, that could potentially trip this release up. This release needs to launch with as few issues as possible.

There are also a lot of moving parts on this that need to be coordinated, such as… the web interface for requesting worlds (dns changes etc.), the sign off process via Sony, purchasable world extensions either via Sony or Steam etc.

And honestly, they have told us something - it’ll be released this week. I will continue to believe that they’re trying to stick with the timeframe of this week until I hear otherwise, instead of taking stock in all this “it’s not coming” and “they haven’t told us anything” speculation, as that doesn’t help anything at all.

13 Likes

New emote …

Game GIF-downsized_large

https://twitter.com/playboundless/status/1305891200231145472

13 Likes

They said “this week”. We are barely 48 hours into “this week”.

Go find something to do & chill peeps :heart:
It’ll happen when it’s ready

28 Likes

Thank you for this. I’m really trying to be patient. I’m just really excited.

3 Likes

Me too - I’m really eager to get back to building!

6 Likes

Let’s be honest; this thread is so active because we are super excited for sovereigns to come, wether we’re tired of waiting or not!
Either way, I expect some repetitive strain injuries on many a mouse finger in the community before the end of the week and next week will be better because of it. Sometimes we confuse “I can’t wait” with “I refuse to wait”, but it’s coming closer every second.
Yep I’m tired of waiting, but that’s been me every Christmas eve since i can remember! Bring it on devs!

9 Likes

No one tells me to chiiiiiiill

(:joy::joy::joy:)

images (2)

6 Likes

Why bother guessing. Just do whatever until it happens, because it isnt going to happen any quicker than when it happens.

It may be the birthday is just a separate celebration without any rentals, it may be both. Who knows. Right tbh I don’t care much about either.

I dont get on board with the rather endless hype to build excitement and whatever else seems to be part of the American culture (not a dig at Americans), because honestly it just leads to disappointment more often than not, as well as near endless posts too

2 Likes

If I remember right it was because of the way the characters were built. They moved to an object format or something that required the new models. This was to support the ability to have the customization we see now and the sizing. It has been 2 years since I asked but that is sort of what I remember. It was a technical thing. New races are still on the list but they have to take time to model them and then support all the different clothes, etc. So that costs money that was spent elsewhere in the initial release.

1 Like

Indeed. We still have until 23.59 on Sunday for It to come.

My concern currently is all those sooooo eager to get it will be the ones complaining its a total let down after 15mins of getting their world because it wasn’t EXACTLY what they expected nor did it have 10 new block types to go with it, or maybe even not getting one at all because it was £7 a month not £6.99…as well as the likely 50 forum threads whinging about those issues.

3 Likes

I’ll be staying far, far away from the forums with all the whinging and moaning that people.are going to be doing in the weeks to come…

14 Likes

The only concern I have is any issues that may happen during the 1st 24 hours of release.

Once we have rentals & all of this has blown over, ordering a rental will probably be easy peasy with little to no issues.

Initially though, there will be a burst of orders/requests for rental planets all at one time. I assume we all might be in a queue waiting for our rental world to come into existence. Maybe not.

Good news for hunters - your oort will probably be in much greater demand because everyone will want to set up big, new portals to their Sovereign planets :grin: - and crafters. I’m sure people want to build awesome things asap…not spend time crafting the blocks they need (if they haven’t already crafted them).

7 Likes

Same. Recently I have been coming on the forums in the hope that there’s something that isn’t either a poll about something already discussed to death, a whens the release thread, or some suggestions about x or y random thingy (some interesting and original, but very very few) .

Guess soon I will just adapt to find any post that isn’t just whinging about rentals, at least that will make a change lol

2 Likes

Because you’ll be too busy building on your new world right? :grin:

At least that’s what will explain my absence.

1 Like

Tomorrow is the day so i heard…

Deployment wasn’t fully automated last I heard… so I think people need to prepare for a queue or hold off on the order. I know it takes a while to generate the planet (hours) but they might have big servers and other things in place to make it as fast as possible. I’m just not sure that area… either way, I do think people need to be patient and have “understanding” about demand.

8 Likes