Update to testing universe

entire region is made of a central part that triggers discovering; then there are borderline parts and when you are in them you see info above your compass: “north of ???”, “south of ???” etc. So when you see that info, walk in opposite direction and you will hit the region. If it says “north-east of ?” then walk south-west for example;

1 Like

@CreativeWorlds I am very excited to hear from new players like yourself, that your in test checking it out. A couple things you experienced and noted I kinda looked past them, when I started fresh in test because I was use to everything for so long on live. It’s helped me really double think what my experience feels like from fresh eyes. Not that I am anyone that needs to look at it, or of any importance. It’s just good to think about.

3 Likes

If you look at the top of your screen you may see something like “East of ?” which tells you that you are east of an undiscovered region. Go west. If at some point it says you are southeast then turn to go northwest. When you get to the correct spot you will be notified you have discovered a new region on the planet and it will say something like 1 of 50.

Look at the top of your screen, it will say a direction relative to ???. for example if it says “northwest of ???” then go southeast until you discover the region. The direction may change as you get closer so watch it. Once you’re in the region you’ll discover it. Click to bring the atlas up to your face the the fog will go away for the surrounding area.

2 Likes

Aha. That makes sense!

I shall have to remember that :slight_smile:

Well gosh diddly dang it. Will that be changed in the full release? Because at the moment there’s legitimately no way to progress. I’m assuming they’ll just add the Warp Augment to Workbench and call it a day.

Why are there so many colors in the test version but the non-test version only has 2 colors on the atlas? I thought any area that was really bright or “hot” had ore, wouldn’ there be a lot of iron in the test map?

The devs have confirmed they are moving the warp augment to the workbench. Problem solved

2 Likes

So when you open a Workbench on higher planets, it gives you the option to craft the higher machines? Because the issue is it doesn’t even show up …

and I just realized while typing this that it’s probably due to not having invested points in crafting skills I’m an idiot :smiley:

4 Likes

i cant reserve my name moebius and Moebius this means someone is copying me again not fun shouldn my name be protected ?
i hope this time its not a mean person like the other time it happend

1 Like

@Tobelawe is this a bug where Stone hammers can break Gleam? I know on live stone can take out all types of things now like diamonds, etc. I thought you all fixed it?

That is intended now, but blocks have armor so really low tier tools won’t be able to do much damage on high tier worlds. This is to increase the viability of lower tier well forged gear

1 Like

Omegasus V is pretty drab @Tobelawe … also wish it had a bit more land.

Got Level 12 in my lil’ base there, how bout you?

1 Like

I love Omegasus V! It may not be the best planet ever to build an epic city on (or maybe that’s exactly what it is…) but having an ocean planet with islands is seriously cool!

Some planets are going to be a PITA to traverse, others will be very nice. The variety is a very good thing

3 Likes

It just felt drab color wise… brown on browner with some brownish highlights… I’m fine with an ocean planet but was just expressing a view… The planet for a ring world did not feel exciting… the floating gleam golf ball parts were cool but didn’t seem to fit the planet or what a ring world would be. I get it isn’t easy to make planets so I’m not shooting anything down… just giving a perspective.

1 Like

Everyone will have planets they like and planets they don’t like - its fair for you to not like it, and its fair for me to like it. To each their own :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Obviously and I never stated anything about it not being fair or you can’t like the planet. Why would you bring that up or even go there in your head. I also didn’t say that I didn’t like it. I made a very specific comment about it for the developers about basically a very monochromatic color scheme.

Every time someone gives a view about not liking something in this game doesn’t mean we need an immediate post(s) stating that someone loves the thing and tries to justify the option. Just because someone says something does not mean that thing will go away even if they are passionate about it. It really gets old that every single critical comment in this forum in swarmed by people shooting it down and saying that it is fine or blah blah and then follows it up with dev love posts or etc. Can’t some of us just post a view without always having to defend it from some mob or have a comment on the other side of the view.

3 Likes

I wasn’t trying to snap at you… So I apologize if it came off that way… It is just a trend that happens here and sometimes it really gets frustrating or worrisome that people are pushed away because they can’t express views without an immediate opposing view coming in to challenge them.

It’s not as drab as Bominoruta. Yellow everything. Except the gleam, which is blue. But like all three of the rock types are exactly the same color.