Update to testing universe

Lol I was definitely not implying that you did anything wrong - I was merely disagreeing :slight_smile:

I’m 100% the kind of person who will fully disagree with you, but have no hard feelings or animosity towards you whatsoever. Its totally cool that you don’t like it, doesn’t bother me at all, you’re fully entitled to not like things :man_shrugging:

I just posted to give a differing viewpoint, because mine is different. Its the same thing, you know: I don’t like something! says the first guy, I do like that something, says the second: who has the right to their opinion more? The first person, because they happened to say it first? No, both of them do

I have no problem with you not liking it - I just happen to have lived on Omegasus V for the majority of the testing, and it has really grown on me. I’m not defending the planet, just stating what I really like about it.

And if its not already obvious - I’m not upset at ya, just disagreeing. Its a lost art in this day and age, that much is totally true. Seems like everyone who disagrees have to also hate eachother :frowning: idk what’s up with that

1 Like

Now this I agree with - Bominoruta is ugly. Too much yellow. Everywhere. But the terrain is really interesting - and the speckles of blue gleam make it worth going to. I would never want to build my base in that sea of yellow though!

On the new worlds, i miss a little of the variation from the live worlds. it is a lot of variation between the worlds, but on live you can go from icy high mountain to swamp and desert to hilly grass field and lakes, while in the new planets it feels more like 1 planet 1 biome.

4 Likes

As the newly appointed Viceroy of Bominoruta, my tourism board has advised me to retract my previous statement. The planet is most definitely Not Yellow. Come visit sunny Bominoruta! You won’t be disappointed!

:wink:

8 Likes

Aridhol is correct.

I try to get rid of a cattletrunk that get aggressive, i was swimming a quarter of the planet, but he still followed me. I was diving down, just get up to get some air, and he hit me, swimming under water again, get up and get hit again. He not leave me until i dig deep underground.

Is there some distance where they give up and return to their spawnpoint?

2 Likes

Similarly though I enjoyed some of Marvoni, after travelling a bit it’s too much like Norfolk for my taste - endless flat fields. Colours will be nice once the lighting is sorted I think.

Agree with this too. I kept running and running and seeing the same biomes and flora. Therka feels like a more beautiful and varied starting planet.

Edit:

I thought it was time based? If I aggro a cuttle then step into a glass box and wait, it’ll go away given time.

3 Likes

He followed me at least 10, maybe 15 min before i dig down.

Ah right maybe the mechanics have changed between 195 and testing then, apologies!

1 Like

I think cuttles are sight based. Dig a small hole and hide for a minute. They will leave

1 Like

I think this was kind of my overall impression of every planet I saw. I fully understand that we wanted the starter planet to be simpler and easier to navigate for people. This is important at some level, but the issue I see with that is there isn’t much that really inspires people. Each of the planets all the way up to the ring world felt like that, simplistic in nature. I assume that the higher tier worlds will have more variability but by then newer people might have quit the game or how knows how long it takes to get there.

I think we need some way to keep things simple but have a few floating islands or different vistas and bioms that really grab people even on the first planet through the ring world. We do this to inspire people and get them to want to explore even more. Things can be still simplistic but we need some “shock and awe” quickly to keep people interested in case other parts of the game don’t deliver.

1 Like

I mean, how much of each world did you explore?

I’m genuinely asking - no agenda.

I didn’t explore that much, so I can’t comment on whether or not the planet was all the same. If there’s not some mountain ranges and a random desert here or there… yeah that’s slightly disappointing. But idk maybe that is there - I didn’t fill out an atlas thats for sure

I did a pretty fair amount of exploration. There are nice and cool things here and there, but that isn’t my bigger point. The primarily point is things have to be exciting and interesting to a new person and inspire them to move forward and show them hints of “what is to come”.

Right now if you look at the worlds we have you see mostly the same type of feel (minus the huge ocean planet) and see some unusual colors. I don’t want people to have to watch a “release video” to be inspired… I want them in the game being inspired. I’m not saying it is completely wrong, just things could be much better for variability.

It is a personal opinion right now and my own perception (well some others I’ve talked to agree) but until I see all the worlds I cannot be sure… I just know right now as a new person I only see 1-3 worlds if I am lucky for weeks while I work up to survive the planets and what I see just isn’t super wow.

@Tobelawe I know I was critical of the planets some but I must confess the new tree designs are BEYOND AWESOME… I do love you and the art department for that…

2 Likes

I’ve heard some people saying these worlds were part of the hunting test universe. If I recall, the devs said after that event that they were going to throw away all of those worlds and create “even better” ones.

Given that the whole point of this test release was to test authentication, maybe these worlds are just hunting server worlds and the 1.0 worlds will be entirely different? Do we have any confirmation if the test worlds are/aren’t going to be part of the 1.0 world set?

Is there any way at all to upgrade to a higher tier planet on this current testing universe? Or am I stuck since we can’t create warp augments? I wanted to check out a few of the other planets.

They have locations that you can use to warp to for sale on the capital of the first planet.

1 Like

They will not be part of 1.0. They also were not hunting worlds.

6 Likes

@vdragon: Tooltip got stuck out of place