Update to testing universe

On each planet i have run minimum a full one direction lap.

And that it should be easier to navigate without any landmarks do not work for me, i have to use the compass all time to know where to go.
And i do not think anybody have complained on live worlds that it is to hard to explore.

James said for a while ago that it will be up to 50 biome per planet.
Just hope for some more interesting worlds at wipe. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, cool. So I can probably run to settlements and try and find these? Anyone have coordinates?

It is the capital.

1 Like

You da best.

I really like how upgrading Crafting levels in the Skills menu used to explain what each upgrade actually allowed you to craft. Right now, it all seems rather confusing and vague. “Increases this level by 1” without allowing the user to understand just what they will now be able to craft. Either this could be explained in the Knowledge menu and have more things pointing toward learning the game using the Knowledge menu, or it they could be explained in the pop up by hovering over each crafting skill upgrade.

2 Likes

Pics missing in recipes.

I can’t cancel anything from the queue here, same with the adjacent crafting table.

Are all of your table storage slots filled? I’ve noticed that it returns used items to the table rather than your inventory now and that seems to keep it from cancelling if you’ve not enough slot in the table itself.

1 Like

cant remember now to be true - might be the case so

Did you find them? I looked in the capital but see no shop stands with location markers, and no-one around. (Spooky!)

There’s a single shop stand in a single plot. It’s outside a large, long building at the end of it.

1 Like
1 Like

I’m sorry for the location- it was accessible before, the buildings nearby it built up and kinda cut it off from the rest of the city :stuck_out_tongue: follow those coordinates given and you will find it

1 Like

Thanks both! Much obliged.

@Aella As a couple of people mentioned the users were copied over from live so it was probably copied before you created your new account. The new user database will be wiped and copied from live again when we make the final switchover so if you want to try out testing right now you can just go through the in game create new account flow (rather than trying to sign in to your existing account).

Out of interest did you exit the game between starting on the first character and getting to unlock the slot for a second character, or did you do it in a single play session? I think we may be maintaining some state from the first character creation into the 2nd one or something, but if you restarted the game in between then that wouldn’t be the case.

Hi @blake,

I currently have 2 chars on testing: “Lion” & “Ciprian” are those names gonna remain reserved after the switchover/reset/release/etc.?

Only names on the live servers in use at the moment of the reset will be reserved.

2 Likes

We’ll be copying the reservations from the live universe at the point when we take down the old live universe and bring up the new one. So as long as you create characters with names you want on live before we do that then they’ll get reserved, anything you create on testing will be ignored.

3 Likes

It was during a single play session