Update to testing universe

Oh, I didn’t realize this. Is there a way to delete a character and pick a new name to reserve?

This may have been mentioned already, but I’ve noticed when you see a planet reflected in water it shows the whole planet regardless of whether a mountain is in the way or not. I don’t see the terrain reflected. Just an observation.

WARNING!!! READ THE WHOLE THING BEFORE DOING ANYTHING

yes you can do this in-game. I forget where the menu is exactly but you can’t be active on the character you delete. also they changed it so you have to use qbits to unlock character slots, so if you havn’t purchased the slots you’re using and you delete a character, you will not be able to remake it until you buy the correct number of slots!!! Make sure you have character slots before you delete your character!

6 Likes

I think there is a graphics option where you can choose how much you want to see reflected, sky or everything.

1 Like

Oh, ok. Thanks

Where was this mentioned? I seem to have missed it :S

1 Like

@vdragon

The object settle in to a settlement does not check if you are already in the settlement in the “Add Fuel to your Beacon Control” step.

This step is impossible to complete in a settlement that you have already joined.

All your character names in use on live will be reserved for you.
It’s only 7 posts above you:

@Simoyd

James-
Nov '17
Good question…

“Alt names are technically Characters and not Accounts. So without some effort they’ll not survive the 1.0 launch.”

It was a questioned we asked him, and this was the only answer that ever came from him. It was in the thread of Can I upgrade My boundless Account.

The quote you just posted from blake, is he talking about alt names or just account names. I know you can buy name changes after 1.0 with cubits. edit: i miss read it a little, it does seem to imply all names, which means alts. and is a update to James post.

I totally was speed reading it at 1 am when I first read this thread. going back now, I see how much a tired brain can miss. jeese.

2 Likes

You can delete a character for free at any point.

They recently added the reservation of alt names to testing - that’s what this patch to testing is all about (post #1 in this series).

No idea why they would remove a feature that has always been there? No gain for anyone, including them?

Make sure you are really connectint to a settlement. I think you need 3 plots connecting or something like that.

I had the same problem until my neighbour added some plots that made me part of the settlement.

I’m definitely part of the settlement - verified my prestige contributing to it.

1 Like

I was mistaken, I have not completed the objective either. And I am also connected to a settlement.

yeah I can’t complete this one either…

anyone got 10 workbech power coils wanna make portal conduits

and who has managed to scrape together that many diamonds off of meteorites ??? As there are no gems to mine in the testing universe… Plus the meteorite loot bug… I would be very shocked if anyone has 10 power coils!

got 1 diamond atm xD stil far away

3 Likes

How did you get this to occur?

Sounds like there’s an issue with this, so I’ll add it to the bug database.

Unfortunately not sure

I created another character through on testing and tried with a new beacon as well and same effect. I do not think that step is finishable at all on testing.