Update to testing universe

Actually when I looked again, i found some. I think the caves I was searching were just too deep. I forgot about the new spawn rules.

1 Like

Glad to know you are finding them ok!

1 Like

I will agree with you that players that start in a few months are not going to face the same challenges as those that are starting now. I still do not think limiting portals on starter planets is a good idea. As a builder I want access to various materials. if the starter planets are the source for say blue gravel and I want that for my build, should I have to use a warp augment every time I want to gather resources just so new players also have to use them?

I will also agree there are a lot of players that never knew a world without portals and higher tier tools. Are they missing part of the experience? I can probably argue that either way. Having not played a lot of MMO
games is this not always an issue?

So I was curious how rare Iron is on testing. Here’s two Atlases that compare the testing planet to Solum.

Test Server:
324510_screenshots_20180811141327_1

Solum:
solum

It seems like we shouldn’t even bother looking for it. Get to copper tools and progress onto the next planet :slight_smile:

I didnt have problem finding enough iron for a bunch of iron tools - wont be enough to do mass production, but enough to have 3 hammers, 3 shovels and 3 axes before moving to other world.

How do you get an Atlas to work… I tried everything I could think of.

so you click and drag a resource to your atlas

pick a single resource and drag it to single atlas (no stacks or smart stacks) - just to be sure

equip atlas and click and hold right mouse to see resource map

you need to have some regions discovered

there was a bug that had the atlas go grey or rotate instead of showing resource map - would happen on certain hardware/software config I think

3 Likes

I fond a massive cave under my house I Evan got lost in it. I have not seen the hole cave yet if anyone wants to see it its here way point in the pic. It gos deep I got to one point where cave was full of water but went deeper.

Sorry boundmore did not meen for it to be a reply to you woops. I got lost 2 times lol and has a secret water intrans in the river.

2 Likes

put a piece of iron in it…

And if you are on the testing server go underground…

ah yes, so another thing to learn here: atlas doesn’t show altitude - only horizontal distribution, so when you get to where you see resources , you have to check different altitudes @CreativeWorlds

2 Likes

That REALLY needs to explained in a tutorial or on the Atlas itself…

3 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

how do I hide GUI and all now? “.” doesn’t work anymore and I cant find it in options

I put an iron ingot or whatever on the atlas, it didn’t work, … I have no more iron ores… and then I used a copper ore, and it worked, but the atlas is still all grey… sigh

F10 to hide your GUI

2 Likes

You have to sync an atlas to a world by holding it in your hand and clicking and holding with that hand. It should turn blue. But would be grey if its augmented

If you haven’t done any exploring, you won’t see anything with an atlas. Explore around and unlock “regions” to see parts of the atlas

Bonus note: this is based on your unlocks. You don’t have to carry the atlas while you do this

2 Likes

What triggers the region found? I’ve been all over my startin’ region and it never unlocked… Why wouldn’t the region you land in automatically be discovered? Is there some specific place I have to step on to trigger it?

Your gonna need a dev to clarify this one, I don’t know exactly how you unlock it. Just walk a bunch, it will work eventually.

@Simoyd is the resident expert on Atlases he might be able to help

1 Like

@Tobelawe @Steggs101 @james , answering these questions will help me understand more or less what is suppose to be a decent timeline. This is kinda hard trying to look at it from a new players perspective, and not have biased ideas of how I think things should progress being that I have 6 characters. So I figure ask the guys who build it what their idea was. Not complaining at all. Just so I can see how what I am experiencing compares to what is intended.

1. I’m trying to play starting from a hunters perspective. Do I have to take any of the crafting one skills If I ever want to get off this planet, without waiting for someone to build a portal? If so, I think we need to add a little more to the basic crafting.

2. I know it’s designed to eventually need another character or skill set. Level 11 is the soonest one can do so. What level do you guys feel most players would want to start looking at buying another skill set or character if they are trying to have the basic needs and still solo more?

Also this will help new players looking in the forums, before they get started kinda what direction or minimum skills they will need for the role they want to play. Obviously they can modify things to their liking, BUT there is still minimum skills they have to have to reach the basic objectives.