Update to testing universe

I was looking for silver and gold too, i haven’t found any.
@Dunedragon said the same.
I smell a gate here.

1 Like

You need a compactor to make a warp augment and the compactor needs rare alloy and a tech component. So for us to get off the home worlds they would have to spawn there, or am I missing something?

1 Like

@vdragon Trying to create my second character gets me stuck on this screen:

My steps:

1. Get 600 cubits
  2. Buy 1 additional character slot from exchange
  3. Return to sanctum
  4. Hit create character
  5. Get that screen
    NB I never got a change to select body or name before it popped up.

There are some looking to see… we are only a few hours into this and it should certainly be something that we don’t immediately have people crossing the universe in just an hour… So I guess it comes down to how much and hard it is to find the stuff to allow people to at some point get off onto another planet… what is the balance and average time.

Thing to consider that we really push people to at least to run the tutorial so they do get done before the 2 hour campfire expires.

Having a timer on the campfire really does seem weird and just not… a simple way to start a tutorial?

@vdragon I have explored both homeworlds now at varying altitudes from 0 to 150 in different biomes and there’s not a single silver ore or ancient tech component to be found. Nobody else that I know of on testing has found either of these either.

It is currently impossible to craft a warp augment without getting the 3 alloy and tech component required to build a compactor with which to craft a warp augment.

They are either way too scarce or not spawining at all - this is most likely a bug and thus I am reporting it as such.

The starting tutorial does flow very well and moves you to a beacon right away… but I just want something to somehow help really influence people to play that tutorial and just not do it half way…

Personally I think after you place the camp fire there should be a perm listing in upper left with the counter showing you how much time you have until you place and fuel that beacon. Just something to make it clear.

2 Likes

No, not as of yet.

:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:
It’s not called night, it’s called beauty time!

6 Likes

I don’t know what you guys changed, if it’s the new planet, or something else, or simply the fact that i watched @Jiivita’s “how to not suck when starting over” - video.
I can’t put my finger on it.

But starting a new character on the 194 testing server was a pain and felt slow but now the pace is just right and it’s really addictive, i can’t stop.
Help!

5 Likes

Maybe this is a gate to prevent us from escaping.
We’re supposed to test the login system, not other planets.
I’m sad, i wanted to see the the whole world.

1 Like

All this great mud and yet we still have no use of it… please let me throw it into the furnace with some silt and make a basic brick for my house… Please… pretty please… yellow mud… how cool…

5 Likes

Let’s play: The floor is cheese!

4 Likes

did u try eating it?

2 Likes

Didn’t went well.

2 Likes

on live it says are you sure you want to cnacell your changes after confirming the skill points lol

@Auben and @Dunedragon and others asking the same…

• specific planets will have specific resources… we only have the USA string of planets on test… Live is different
  • Normally found at the laval layer for silver/gold (dont know about componets - but i have found a TON of fragments (green/blue chip boards if thats what you mean?)
1 Like

(10 char.)

1 Like

these are called remnants - he is looking for components that are needed for spark core etc. (kinda rainbow looking yolk)

1 Like

they were fragments a few patches agao lol (the basic ones)

I am in lurve with the pink silty soil.

3 Likes