Update to testing universe

Id also like to mention that the new cave generation looks fantastic! Way way better than before

I even found a cave that was flooded with water deep underground. Pretty cool

1 Like

I went to the other planet @Zina

@blake game just froze while trying to open level 5 reward in exchange. Just before the box opened all the way. Had to cntrl/Alt/Delete out.

EDIT: nothing is closing the game. Will have to reboot my pc.

For those worrying about the 2 hour campfire: I actually had it expire on me on the test server today (real life duties called before I got to the beacon). Thing is, even though the campfire expired, my stuff stayed around because of the 13 hr regen window. I was able to build a new campfire and recover it all.

So effectively the window has only been cut from 24 hr to 13 hr (okay someone could steal your stuff after 2 but that seems unlikely)

But I suppose the optics of it are still a little scary for a new player. Even as a vet I logged back in expecting everything to be gone, forgetting about the world regen mechanics

2 Likes

Is it possible somehow to start over and re-choose the world in test?

1 Like

you can get enough cubits to make an alt. I dont think you can delete your only character no.

1 Like

What if we delete our files for test? I mean it isn’t even the full universe. I want to try the other world.

I won’t spend real money testing stuff before live that would be in-vain. So far I cannot purchase or see the purchase cost of cubits. I think james most likely is nervous as hell to even mention those and the amount of forum threads there will be.

Guess I will keep trucking along until I get enough cubits unlocked to make another character.

1 Like

i just noticed about an hour ago… Marvoni does not have any lava … errr i mean red water SHHHHH!

3 Likes

You cant, the real money shop have not opened yet.

1 Like

Really friendly home world. No hostile creatures. Easy terrain. No extensive caves. No holes in the ground. No red water.
Life is beautiful. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

hit lvl 6 and have half of a wooden shack

I do like that the pick up resources distance seems to have been tweaked. I am getting things roughly 3 m away. before I had to run right up on my blocks to get them.

6 Likes

I’m on testing right now and soil doesn’t seem to be dropping any yams. I had to use surface resources to complete the soil quest. Is that intentional?

Also, I just redid it on testing tonight and from entering game through selecting my little character and naming it to getting my beacon fueled for 4 weeks it took me something like 8 minutes. Even if it disappeared you haven’t made anything to really lose at that point and your plots are available to use again if it actually were to expire.

@james @Steggs101 @blake @Tobelawe whoever’s in charge of this stuff - I know you guys are working on what to do about silver / tech component generation on the starter worlds (so that we can, you know, leave) - but another solution beyond that is available as well…

Remove them from the recipes on the way to warp augment (spark generator, refinery, etc)

If you want the tech component to be a bit rarer, or the precious alloys, you can let them be rarer and require higher tier worlds, you’d just have to take them out of the things that stand in our way of the warp augment.

A third option: Move the warp augment to be crafted in the workbench - problem solved

1 Like

jiivita did it all in 34 minutes, (crafting part) minus the gathering the resources themselves. I think its a good thing for new players to have to go through, so they get the most of a tutorial. And it’s not that long. Not sure if there was a problem or solution needed yet.

Everything we take out of the tutorial are things new players are going to complain about not being told early on, on how to do.

1 Like

Zina, that was on the live (and currently busted) universe. The testing universe we experienced today had vastly less resources, and a 100% lack of tech components and silver on the t0 world.

You can quite literally not progress no matter how hard you try :slight_smile:

And as for Jiivita’s video… its misleading. The crafting times are wrong because he used a ton of power to speed it up (he even says so, he’s not TRYING to mislead you - but it still can be confusing) and gathering takes longer than crafting anyways.

You won’t get off the starter planet for at least two hours, take that to the bank.

That’s solo and with good luck. With bad luck, add another hour or two. With a group of determined folks all trying to gather and mine and build together - maybe faster. But luck will determine a lot of that

I did a test of the same system and with no power and one partner working together with me, we did it in two hours. We had absolutely nothing when we started. We felt like we may have been unlucky mining too

However - all of that was in 196, the launch universe will undoubtedly have different resource distribution, and so who even knows how long it’ll take

• Edit sidenote: I do not recommend busting your butt to an augment immediately and then going to a t2+ world as soon as possible. You’d be better off overgathering on ores and getting yourself metal tools at bare minimum before you leave the starter world. You’ll thank me later
1 Like

I guess it depends really on how much harder the lv2 worlds will be… if you rush warp augments… you end up leaving way before you’re actually ready both in equipment and level/skills… i personally feel like it should take a bit of work leave the planet to ensure the player is ready and knows how to look for stuff… otherwise it cheapens exploring / traveling to other worlds… at least until portals start popping up hehe

3 Likes

Yea I wasn’t sure why people would want to hurry and leave, other than to show new players where they could go if they wanted. Yea I figured it was a lot more than 30minutes. As I mentioned thats not with the time it takes to gather. But either way lets say a few hours to get off planet. That’s pretty damn quick imo. If your a vet, and know what to do already. For a new player learning this games lingo, and how the resources and machines work, I bet it’s easily a full day of not more.

2 Likes

A character slot is better than a skill set, because you get more plots with an alt. Right?

4 Likes

I’m all for a challenge, it just depends on how they want to balance it.

I could see leaving silver in the recipe but making it hard to get, and taking the components out. It gives components more rarity and thus value, and it gives the augments and the process of getting off world additional value too because of the trouble getting silver early on

But whatever the devs decide to do I don’t mind - I just hope they don’t make it too easy :smiley:

1 Like