Update to testing universe

Really depends. You can get stuff faster at max level, so its how you look at it. I’m using an extra skill set to drop crafting points into so I don’t have to respec my miner later. It just means I need to hit level 55 to get all my mining skills maxed since I’m going to use about 10 of my skill points on crafting skills on my second skill set.

(Honestly, I’m just lazy and don’t want to switch characters constantly during the first couple weeks :wink:)

I’ve found a few. I’m looking in caves near water and digging in grasslands with stone patches. Working on getting that compactor.

1 Like

Okay question then. If we buy a skill set, is it active the entire time, and could share our total skill points now?

You can put points into it early, but you only have as many points as you have unlocked via leveling. So my primary spec is missing a couple for my level since they are in my second spec. Since I’m using it for crafting, I just switch back and forth at my beacon so I don’t get the 15 minute cool down.

You found tech components? Not remnants, the tier 2 ones (they look like a rainbow colored old computer cables)

James had told Jiivita they didn’t spawn at all - if you’ve got some… I would love to rent use of a refinery to make warp augments :slight_smile:

@Aridhol I found a bunch of them in the first hole I made.

2 Likes

Screenshots or I don’t believe it :slight_smile:

The first Capital of the new universe has been founded by the illuminoorti - ]i[ Marvoni Gateway Primus

9 Likes

well having just found some (on omegasus v though) I guess they do at least exist.

Did you find silver on Marvoni also? I assume thats where you are

I have not yet.

How did you get to Omegasus V though?

Cheaty cheats. James gave Jiivita a single warp augment, he used it to go to Omegasus V, and we shared location markers from there

1 Like

Oops. Misread. Yeah, I’m running into the same issue. No gold or silver either. Got the skills, just not the mats. This world suposed to be like this? Or will the warp augment recipe move to a different machine?

Just want to clarify a few issues. The resources are as intended. There is no silver/gold or tech components on the starter worlds. We should have changed the recipe for warp augments and moved them onto the workbench. As the compactor requires resources that are not on starter worlds we will have to do something to communicate the need to travel to other higher tier planets to progress.

I believe copper, tech frag and fossils to be slightly too abundant on the starter world. Would anyone agree?

What are peoples thoughts on the plant surface resources?

5 Likes

i don’t know about mining much but a can see there’s plenty of surface resources, maybe on the a bit too much slide

Indeed. I’m swimming in it. I dont think it’s needed to have fossils and remnants in seams of 3-4. Maybe even possibility of dropping 2 per block should be locked at least for the tranquil home world.

“Surface resources” were pretty rare to be seen on surface until you started digging into the ground. Caves were too small unless you found the big ones (which there weren’t many) and still the surface resources (seen ones) seemed too rare. Once you did start digging in things were ultimately showing ok.

I wouldn’t say things were too abundant because I had to do a lot of digging to find things and didn’t just get to run around surface grabbing stuff. Maybe a bit too much based on how fast you want us to get things.

Iron was rare for the group I was working with.

So should we see a patch with the warp augment being moved to the workbench today or this weekend to continue testing on test or no ETA?

2 Likes

There won’t be a patch over the weekend. Possibly one next week although with the world reset coming up that might be unlikely too, testing was only really to test Blake’s login stuff. If anybody wants warps I’d try and find James, see if he will give you some.

Iron is intentionally quite rare on starter worlds. Once you get to level two there will be plenty. This has the chance to frustrate players if a basic material is too hard to find. I think the correct balance for iron on starter worlds would be enough to allow player to create a few iron tools if they wanted before traveling to the next tier of planets. Once they get to the next tier, they should be able to sustainably replace their iron tools.

10 Likes

I can agree with reducing the ores a bit on starter worlds, just not TOO much… you don’t wanna discourage people by making ores ridiculous :smiley:

And good one moving the augment to workbench, that’s a win :slight_smile:

I have no problem with the surface resources! I’m excited they exist again, LOL!

Actually, on second thought… some of them might be too plentiful. Not the surface rocks, they seem about right. But I have been able to find like 50+ desert swords in a short walk and that seems a bit excessive. Though if you wanted fiber leaf to be more common… then that has succeeded greatly

2 Likes

Could you let me know where the surface resources are rare?