Using regen bombs on gems and ore

What happens when you use regeneration bombs on a previously mined area? Do you get any ores or do they only spawn with time? I think I read here already that ores and gems do not regenerate like other blocks do, but I don’t know if its still valid.

Also I was wondering what was driving the prices for amethyst and emerald so high? Is it rarity, are they really supposed to be more rare resources than other ores? Its kind of not fair if I like to use amethyst because of its color to make say a hammer and carry it around that I have to either spend more time mining or more coins buying than someone who wants to carry around a blue hammer. I know it sounds petty, but one of the reasons I like this game is its aesthetics and colors. Not a big issue, I will spend more time mining if need be, my mind was just entertained with the idea that gems have same value. From an economy point of view I can understand that it’s more interesting if they dont, especially since we dont have tier 7 + materials yet. I dont know, just felt the need to rant about it :slight_smile: What are your thoughts?

1 Like

Very good first question as I have heard both answers.

As for ammys and emmys, yes. Definitely rarity. And poor spawning algorithm makes them very hard to find. Sure theyre along water but they are deep.
Nothing like high altitude topaz and sapphire on houchus pochus!

1 Like

We have tested this. In an exact 3x3 tunnel, and we did get some ores, but never a gem right after the regen happened. The amount after regen was very low though.

Edit: We regened the exact 3x3 tunnel which was 48 blocks long 15 times.

Not exactly the best test but we were just experimenting.

1 Like

I can’t confirm this as I haven’t tested it, but I’ve read from other players that regen bombs work the same as regular regeneration. Though the ores/gems will not necessarily spawn in the same place there is a chance for the to fill one of the regenerated blocks.

1 Like
1 Like

Thank you!

So reading from this apparently bomb regeneration is not considered the same as normal regeneration. As in every time you dig or put a block in a certain area it counts as a change, even with bombs! The resources start respawning after 4 hours of no changes inside that area. Still it does help because the game first regenerates the blocks and then populates them with resources.

Writing this here for anyone who doesnt want to dig into that thread :smiley:

1 Like