VanGoo's Paints

I’d just take it from you!!

Are resellers a big problem for goo farmers?

I am operating a color shop myself and did shops in other games and personally I do not see resellers as a problem. This is just how economy works and you can always consider price increases in such cases. After all it sold for the price set to then produce more. And before such a comment comes here: I do not resell even when my price point is higher (I would be also too slow for that).
If your goal is to make it available to as many people as possible at this price then personal orders would be the only option as the game does not allow to set buy amount limits.

2 Likes

I agree. Resellers are good and not so good in this case. I’m making coin either way but the biggest reason I like pricing the paint at 25c is to help bring down the price so more players have easier access to more colors. Not going to raise my prices just to retain stock so I’ll just start taking custom orders. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

feel bad now for buying so much the other day :stuck_out_tongue:
Not a reseller but as a builder thought it quite cool to have a library of colours on hand for patching up etc.

in the early days of coil prices starting to go downwards, myself and other sellers of cheap coils had people buying us out to go try resell but I managed (and still do) to keep up a decent supply at a very low, but fair, price.

2 Likes

When you enter a market at 25 - 30% of market prices, some people are going to buy you out. @Scavenger keeps restocking at his price point and eventually the market will come down a bit. As it has.

If you move to custom orders only though it makes it easier to keep the price up. If you’re really offended by resellers the thing to do is keep the stock up until you corner the market and then force them to hold forever or eventually sell at a loss.

I would guess that the price is too low for the product. Goo and paint are limited resources, especially the trickier to mutate colours.

I don’t know how many hours they spend gathering, planting, harvesting, organising and crafting, but I know it is a time consuming profession in game. As we are well aware, there are ways to easily make 100,000 to 200,000 per hour monotonously which isn’t restricted by a limited resource. Most likely, some players are trading their monotonous gameplay coins for @Scavenger’s tireless efforts in providing low cost paints.

Well it’s a two person team at least. Scavenger(her btw) and KKBell(he/him)

But as they put out a few thousand of some colors I imagine its a big farm.

1 Like

Great input! (Not sarcasm) I really have no problem with resellers lol I just feel bad for selling out before some players even have a chance to come look.

I will be accepting custom orders for those of who miss out after I’ve restocked. I have no intention of raising prices just to negate resellers. All types of patrons are welcome. :grin:

4 Likes

If you are having a problem with selling out too quickly and don’t wish to raise your prices, perhaps only put out X number of stock as you sell out?

There are certain colors that will sell out, almost regardless of price. (I did my own little experiment)

1 Like

Well I’m full-time and he’s part-time more or less lol

1 Like

Yeah, this is what i did when i started with my forging ingredient shop.
Just stack 1ss of an item at a time, to avoid huge buyouts.

In the end, resellers are just a sign that the actual market price of the item you’re selling, is a fair bit higher than what you’re selling for. So even though you could get more money for your hard work, as long as you enjoy what you’re doing, this shouldnt be an issue :slight_smile:

4 Likes

VanGoo’s has been steadily restocked over the past week!

We have 116k spray cans in stock! Only 25c each!

We have 11k pigments in stock! Only 35c each!

1 Like

235 colors available - 148,875 sprays total! 25c each!

25,099 pigments stocked at 35c each!

6 Likes

Love this store. Still restocking?

1 Like

Indeed, in the process of restocking tonight and tomorrow. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Any chance there would be a restock happening? Or even a custom order available?

No deep azure I want them all pm me and anyone else

@Scavenger Hello, I have been looking into starting my own goo business myself. Speaking to DK about it and they claimed you stopped playing. I’m not sure if that is permanent, but would you be willing to pass down your shop? It is really well made and it would be an amazing time saver and kickstarter for me.

Hope you read this and thanks for your time.

2 Likes

Sorry, I was inactive for a bit as I just needed a break, but I’m back now and am continuing with my paint shop. Thank you for your interest though and I hope you’ve been successful in starting/owning one yourself. :smile:

9 Likes