Vulpto - Red Gleam

I saw a bunch of posts from late last year and early this year about this… but I feel like I need to ask…

Is there actually a farmable item anywhere on Vulpto called ‘red gleam’? I have been all around it (37 out of 50 zones) and in total I have seen 3 ‘poles’ that should have gleam on them. One of them was beaconed (wtf does that…sigh) and the other two were close to beacons. None of them have had gleam on them at various times in the past 5 days. And on top of that, I really feel like I should have stumbled upon more than just 3 in 37 zones…

Sooo again I ask… is there actually a farmable item on Vulpto called ‘red gleam’… or is this a ‘there is a pool on the roof’ scenario that I have fallen victim too? Maybe it does not just spawn on poles? maybe it is in the ground like yellow gleam? Am I missing something big here?

Thanks a bunch,
Loushou

P.S. - I have been referencing this Gleam Locations and Colour Codes and most of it seems legit, except red gleam. I am at a loss.

2 Likes

You’re not being bamboozled. Red gleam really is that elusive. It’s safe to say it’s a failed experiment in rare resource distribution.

Wow. That is quite sad. Makes me wonder how some ppl have entire rooms and statues made of the stuff. Time to give up and settle for blue or yellow or something i guess.

Thanks @Havok40k

1 Like

Weeeelll, there is quite a lot of refined red gleam on the market. You may have to spend a little coin to obtain it, though.
Previously, a conversion bug allowed people to turn common raw gleam into red refined gleam. This bug has since been removed from the game. Still, raw red gleam is something of a trophy block, even though it serves no purpose beyond other forms of raw gleam.

Yeah… this is one of the biggest issues that bug me. Munteen VII and Nasharil have per-generated structures and graveyards that supply light blue and yellow gleam, but Vulpto doesn’t. Not sure about Alturnik, but once I saw that Alturnik’s blocks looked exactly like Munteen VII’s (which also look like Epsilo and Solums) I returned to Solum and haven’t been on that planet since. Also, I haven’t been able to locate any ancient wood on Vulpto. Not sure if I’m just having poor luck finding it, or if it’s nonexistent as well.

Apparently on either Epsilo or Septerfon, I can’t remember which… there are gleam trees. Whole trees underwater with leaves made out entirely of gleam. I have seen it, but I couldn’t get to it. They look like gleam christmas trees.

Epsilo and another planet are the primary source of cream gleam. I’ve got a portal from Solum to Epsilo that has about 6 or 7 gleam spawn locations all within walking distance, and they are all above water. If you need any, I can let you use my portals to it. It’s located in the basement of my shop and generally under lock down…

Thanks, but I am good on cream gleam. I have access to whole islands of them on Andooweem anytimes :slight_smile: