Wall/fall damage on run (206)

Continuing the discussion from Testing 206: Body Paint!:

it would seem that you can now take fall damage just by running at a block above feet level. Perhaps a result of above change? Have 8/8 Agi, 5/5 All and a Mega Fast Brew running.

Running around a walled room, if I clip the wall I take damage. I’m pretty sure prior that you needed to be grappling to take any collision damage from a wall.

1 Like

This happens to me all the time. But like Luca has said at one point, “it’s realistic”. So good luck ever seeing this changed. :confused:

Edit: Does fall armor prevent wall damage?

How weird, I’ve never had running wall damage on Live. Only grappling wall damage. I do have one character who runs fast too. Hmm. Sorry for the thread then, thought there was a change.

There was a change to how the impact-damage is calculated (necessarigly to fix the weird wobbling to a stop on slopes, as a physics change to previously fix bad impact-damage resulted in that weird wobbling), and in my testing the fail-case that previously caused excessively large damage on occasion when running at a wall is still okay with the new system too…

but not to say there is not maybe a new fail-case that the old system didnt fail with, but the new one does.

I’ll have a quick check to try and reproduce what you saw anyways.

2 Likes

ah Okay, so you can get the damage, but only when using the mega fast brew too.

That is not the result of a new bug (phew.) but is like that in live too.

2 Likes

Thanks, that makes sense. Didn’t realise there was a threshold and Mega crossed it but Greater/Super didn’t. That’d explain why no experience of it on Live. Apologies for the time waste!