Was I credited the wrong fuel? o_o

There is obviously no intention to mislead anyone. We will change the design of the icons so that there isn’t an implied association with the duration added.

14 Likes

To be even more clear perhaps also add the monthly fuel cost at the different planet size descriptions…

7 Likes

Yeah, definitely what Aenea said. I wish I had known that before ordering my world… :cold_sweat:
That would’ve DRASTICALLY changed my plans. I would’ve gone with a 3km world instead.

1 Like

Yeah I agree that image is absurdly deceptive

1 Like

you are not alone in having in this assumption as this issue has already been brought up in the faq thread.
hopefully there will be some compensatory customer relations introduced either behind the scenes or upfront to help people.

Best would probably be to give refunds for any 6km worlds as desired, so people can get 3km instead?

Sure the design might be poop… But you can clearly see BEFORE you add it To cart what it does.

So the info is there.

6 Likes

And it’s also logical that a bigger planet with a higher max players count would cost more per month than a smaller one…

But it could have been a little clearer.

Perhaps make a few changes and reimburse players who made the same mistake by giving them a 3km planet with same config and 3 additional months of fuel…

I almost raised this as a concern too (when the only place I could see this information was via the FAQ), although when I saw that it was very explicit about how long it would last on the product page itself that you have to land on to buy the product, I felt like maybe it was ok, despite being a bit confusing.

For me, a much better design would be a single ‘Planet Fuel’ product that has variants (I’m assuming that product variants are still a thing available to all pricing brackets in Shopify, it’s been a while since I had to use it).

Then you can let people pick the planet size and duration (so people can chose to pay for a number of days instead of an arbitrary value). Because your pricing structure is entirely linear, this should be fairly easy to manage. Behind the scenes, this can still convert into the pre-existing ‘units’ system you appear to have going (So picking a 4.5k 60 day fuel converts into a 120 token), although you may need to make more high end tokens for long-duration large planets fuel.

1 Like

Just a suggestion for the team… I think something like this would be a lot clearer for people to buy fuel in future.

A separate page/web form for World Fuels with columns of buttons/selections. A column for each size of world and their respective fuels clearly laid out below each one.

Example:

15 Likes

I finally went to the shop page :rofl:

Just adding “per month” to the text here would probably help:

Removing the numbers from the Lesser/Basic/Improved/etc… icons wouldn’t hurt either.

7 Likes

Everything you just said. It’s been chewing me up a bit actually. Bit shocked by how much itll be costing especially with the player cap. Disappointed.

3 Likes

That would make it look like when you purchase it, you’re getting a subscription as well and thus don’t need to worry about “fueling” the world as long as the subscription is kept. It seems this shop/store setup is not designed to handle subscriptions.

The change that should happen which the devs mentioned they’re going to look into is updating the icons for the world fuel products so they don’t specify a time span. That’s what should be done.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I read it in the FAQ right when they were put on the forum. I’m almost certain that it was explained in there

3 Likes

Of course it’s in the FAQ, I saw it after the fact, but are people always supposed to read the entire FAQ before buying? I certainly don’t think so.

I certainly did not read the fine print for the world fuel because it seemed straight forward from the front page what I was getting for what I paid!
It baffles me that they would go with such a terrible shop design, indicating clearly the prices on the front page only for 3km world…

If world fuel pricing is different for each world size, then either

1. It needs to be made clear in the front page of the shop instead of showing just the prices for 3km worlds.
  2. It needs to be indicated in the actual pages to order worlds that the world fuel costs differently.

And by the way, I have been arguing about the lack of pricing info prior to the actual release for months. This would likely not have happened if a preview of the website and pricing infos had been shown to us during testing to give feedback about it.

7 Likes

You are right Globi and I understand you. I first read the prices on the web (Ps4 player) and for lack of understanding and many questions, I had to come back to consult the FAQs. And it was still not clear … lol I think in the excitement of the purchase you have to go to the more consis and the layout unintentionally misleads.

1 Like

I dont know how this is any different than
Advertise wheres leather sofas price is 499€ Then theres little print that says on the pic "price valid Only For fabric upholstering "

Exept that aint small print… Its literally the Only thing on the screen with the purchase buttons.

To me, it is because it changes drastically what is shown on the front page of the website. From the front page, I had all the informations I needed to make my purchase thinking 120 days were 40$ for all types of world, so I skipped reading the actual info on the individual world fuel page.
In any case, that’s an issue which can be easily fixed, unlike some other issues.

You thought that the monthly cost of a 6km planet would be the same as a 3km one?

2 Likes

Yes I did, and I’ll admit I found it surprising, it certainly was dumb of me to think it could be this simple…
But that’s what was indicated on the freaking front page, and nowhere in the page where you order your world was it said something like “the monthly price of world fuel varies on the size of the world”.
I just thought to myself “oh, nice, that’s a great deal!”

With the current front page design, OBVIOUSLY, I wouldn’t have made that mistake… I would’ve clicked to see how much time was the Improved World Fuel before I ordered my world.

So sure, thank you for saying things that sound very condescending like “dude, you’ve been a dumb@$$ there”, that helps to ease the pain of the 80€ thrown into the garbage. I did mess-up, I know that, but I’ll still argue that the fault wasn’t 100% mine, and even then, I should have the right to a refund. Had it been a purchase on Steam, I would’ve gotten it immediately.
Right now, I’m still waiting for a reply in regards to the refund of that world fuel order. I’m ready to take the loss for the world itself, but I certainly won’t order a new world before I get the refund, and so I won’t play anymore Boundless.
I’m even wondering if I should order a new world right then because I should wait for a furniture update.

1 Like