Was the game Not Just OFFICIALLY released or NOT?

That is… Kinda the problem…

They DO keep an eye on what is made and use. It’s WHY they added the unused materials into a recipie a lot of people were using before.

The problem people have, is that the Devs didn’t question WHY the items wasn’t being used, NOR did they think of a better impliment of use. Such as Wax for candles, or wax statues, or just removing the item all together.

Instead, they took an item no one used, and made it a requirement for an item a lot of people used. That’s not a good thing, no matter the reasoning.

4 Likes

This is what all those white knighting don’t seem to understand.

1 Like

Well hopefully the devs have learned a lesson and will add more content into patches that have large nerfs in the future :slight_smile:

this wax is a sticky with some people >.< i dont get it. U farm mats, u craft stuff and then u repeat to get better stuff or replace broken stuff. Some stuff is really great and helps u much or u can sell it whatever… what has changed that is so game-breaking with introducing wax as component of some recipe? its not that its so hard to get

2 Likes

Because it 3 reasons. First being that it doesn’t make sense. You’re decorating a block, your sculpting it, why would you need Wax?! How is wax involved in any form?!

Second, it’s ANOTHER thing to go farm. It’s not something you’ve already farmed, encountered, or get from wood and stone. You have to go out of your way to physically farm it. Imagine if in Minecraft, an update happens, and suddenly to craft Diamond Tools you need 3 diamonds, 2 sticks, and 50 Redstone. People would be freaking the hell out then too for the same reason, even if Redstone is easy to find all over when looking for it.

Finally, the straight up reason, quoted by the dev’s themselves, for the change. Is because Waxy Earth wasn’t being used by some people and just being stored away according to their data. So they changed it to make wax, and then forced Wax into a recipie people use a lot.

That’s a pretty messed up reason to change a Recipie. Not to help the game, or rebalance it in any form. But because an object wasn’t being used. What’s next? Gems are going to be required to make Iron Tools?

1 Like

wax is there to cook wood in it so that it gets waterproof and doesnt rot away when u put your crafting table into the meadows.

If u have problems to farm an item then make a dedicated gatherer with luck, agi and gathering epic and if u still have problems getting it then u have enough coins to buy it on the market

1 Like

So you’re straight up telling me to play the game a certain way, even implying that I have to play it that way?

u dont have to, no one forces u

if u want a tank better get some hp and armor, if u want a pig farmer better get some breeding skills, if u want some plant parts better get some gathering skills

maybe too obvious

I think a disconnect in arguments happening here is that for a lot of people, it’s a matter of principle.

The saying goes, if a frog is put into boiling water, it will jump out immediately; but if it is put in warm water that is brought to boil slowly, it will acclimate to each step until it is boiled.

Boundless is already kind of shocking compared to similar crafting games that were not balanced around mmorpg standards. Apparently the trend has been steps toward slower and grindier progress, and wax is just another one. It’s small, and yet, it’s one more thing nevertheless. What’s the next small thing to be added for [reasons]?

The testing phase is purportedly over. Either trust that nothing happens or speak out against it. It might not actually be frog soup, but we can’t claim to know that yet. I don’t, at least. :wink:

5 Likes

Agreed. This dude’s way overreacting to a game that is intended to change - it’s a live service.

5 Likes

I don’t know. It smells a little froggy and is getting warm in here.

4 Likes

no.
its not a step down, its a step up to an economy with more meaning. an economy where not everyone can get staggering amounts of something that is meant to be rare. (not implying that wax recipes are really meant to be rare)
when everyone can get everything in unlimited amounts there would be no trade happening

2 Likes

Ok. Then a more constructive way to approach this is, where should the overall balance be, and does this make a stronger, more gameplay-rich experience?

For you, adding wax to recipes was a step in the right direction: that Boundless is not in a good place balance-wise, and is too easy for everyone to get everything. Adding 1 hour of (someone’s effort in) extra gathering for 1 medium build was a step toward a better experience.
Is this enough for you, or would you rather it go further?

Perhaps in the metaphor I stated, some players were comfortable with the temperature, while you felt it was too cold.

Of course that will always happen. Coming to an understanding of what the majority wants is the only real solution so we can only ever encourage everyone’s voice to be heard. My own two cents are that we are mostly in a good place with a few exceptions, and changes ought to have been in the form of new things rather than revised old things. But that is only me.

“when everyone can get everything in unlimited amounts there would be no trade happening” is a hyperbolic representation of the argument here at best and doesn’t…really help find where we “should” be.

4 Likes

u throwing tantrums about a thing that u shovel out the dirt, easy as picking stuff from the streets and its not that u went for material earlier? Why is wax such an extra effort for you?
You have a gatherer raised, within 5 minutes u are lvl 10, have max agi max luck and u can save for gathering epic
Stuff where u are not skilled yet will seem harder and grindy to get. but the first lvls of an character are so easy. Some people seem bitter that some of their strategy doesnt work, but you can always rethink your ways in this game and adapt

2 Likes

Changing the Prestige values of every material across the board is improving the economy?
Well if your goal is to sell Iron perhaps!!!

The unnecessary destruction of bomb mining beyond the needed Nerf to XP how does that help the economy?
The XP nerf was needed (I lobbied for a bomb mining nerf- Not for the destruction of it completely!)
The deletion of a viable play style that has been part of this game for as long as I can remember is a good thing?

People made plans because the game was now RELEASED… They in some cases bought cubits to get plots in order to reserve tracks of land in order to build there builds. Some people made large machine rooms to then find out they have a bunch of useless machines because Hey lets change how power coils and spark work?!?

People may have been creating giant sky scrappers that included Gleam Lanterns to find out one day that oops your plans have a new wrench tossed into the works…

People made fine Decorative Wood builds in order to raise there prestige up racing against there neighbors for the most prestigious builds to wake up and find there build was now as prestigious as a mud hut…

People have purchased large amounts of Saltpeter because it was a valuable commodity and then one day they woke up to find it became USELESS…

Who wants to play a game when you have no idea if tomorrow your grand machined iron and gleam lantern prestige tower ends up Nerf-ed because random decision that the game needed to change its prestige values for blocks again!

The Point of this post is you can’t keep changing the fundamentals of a game that is suppose to be in a RELEASE STATE… Your only going to anger people if you continue to walk this road…

6 Likes

You hit it on the dot, very well.

I wasn’t here for the Alpha or Beta. I’m a PS4 player. But one of the biggest things that irks me in the game, is the game of grinding right in the beginning with Tools. Wood and Stone you start with just need Stick, Foilage and Wood/Stone. Something you would expect, and you get by cutting trees for wood and mining.

But the very next tier, Copper and Iron, which you get imediantly right afterwords, wants you to also get Sackcloth and Glue. Something very unatural to get. Neither are random drops, and Sackcloth you get from a specific plant, which might not even be on your planet. And Glue needs Sap, which is a rare drop from cutting a lot of trees, and burning it in a furnace with Bone, which you get from killing enemies. Just to craft a very basic Copper or Iron tool.

And like I said, I didn’t play in the Beta, but from what I heard in other Threads, like Wax is a random ingediant added into Decoration Blocks. Sackcloth and Glue were added to Copper and Iron tools. And that they’ve done this before quite a lot during the Beta and Alpha.

So what else are they going to change? Are Ink Leaves not being used enough and stored, so they going to make you use Ink Leaves to craft an ingediant used in creating Gem Tools?

The ‘Progression’ to getting items to craft other items doesn’t feel natural and intuative. And situations like this is a big reason. Just adding random items to a recipie it doesn’t need to be attached to.

1 Like

which beginner planet doesnt have fibrous leaves? also i recommend u getting luck with your material farming characters for sap and such
your feeling of naturality and intuitivity is completly irrelevant for anything and anyone but yourself pls keep it there plsplsplsplspls

1 Like

https://forum.playboundless.com/t/testing-199-1-hot-fix/17949/9

The devs explained themselves. Their post is the good one to express your feelings.

Sorry for your cat.

2 Likes

Every single planet has desert swords and trees to get sap from, usually in abundance.

Desert swords in tier 1 and 2 planets are literally everywhere. The only thing ‘unnatural’ is that they decided to be colorful in their descriptions of things. In almost every survival game out there, you collect some sort of cloth fiber plant to make ropes or twine with, and then to use it as binding for tools.

2 Likes

My only reply to this thread is, where were you during all the forums and threads and discussions leading up to 1.0?

Almost nothing other than visuals was a surprise. Some things were op, and some things became balanced, but nothing since 1.0 changed meta.

there are controversies over fast xp, and making hundreds of thousands on bomb mining and the nerfs that has happened to them. But again not meta changing. And you were here when 1.0 hit, and after. I’ve bought stuff off your stands.

1 Like