We need fresh blood in the game

I still think we need an update just for building stuff. I mean the glass panes are amazing but they’re not cheap to make, not for new players anyway.
An influx of easy to obtain building blocks would boost motivation for new builders i think. Some examples:

• Sandstone
  • refined gravel (step down from deco gravel)
  • deco gleam
  • refined ash (not sure about this one lol…)
  • mudstone

And then furniture. I love seeing the little seating areas people make, some more additions would really captivate the new builders i think:

• benches
  • wall art (stock photos not screenshots, problems were pointed out for using uploaded photos)
  • plant pots/planters for our new prestige plants?
  • curtains? Or some other window accents to go with our new panes
  • rugs perhaps

I really think we need some more early level crafting options to keep people here

3 Likes

I was wondering also if tier 2 planets should spawn low level meteors. With a max size of level 2. This could be great for new players to enjoy a hunt really early on.

3 Likes

YES!! Big vote for this! :slight_smile:

I think there is definitely room for an easier meteor level - I actually still get killed soloing lv 1s on T3s occasionally. :flushed: Add in a lv 0 meteor that can appear on T2s. Lesser rewards of course, but great “training wheels” for learning and for those of us who solo hunt and stink at it. :wink: Reduce the number of mob spawns in the waves a little. And then there would be dormant meteors too on the T2s to be found, good for newer players to come across, a little added bonus.

3 Likes

A non aggro meteor, mobs drop down as usual, in smaller amounts. The meteor payouts could be much smaller as a result. Enough for newbies to appreciate what it has to offer but not enough for vets to abuse. Lower levels could cut their teeth on meteors and get an idea for them in a less hostile environment. You could almost call them to tutorial meteors.

2 Likes

wipe the servers, market the game, reduce price, add a few more items to the “cash shop”.
Because now the game is not doing so good - it isn’t, please no point in defending 2 or 3 people on worlds.

Need a good fresh input - even maybe player-owned planets now would help bring in new people who like to build.

3 Likes

This is the main barrier preventing the game from entering a golden age at present. People like to build, and people like to take ownership of the things they build. The barrier reserve plots has mostly prevented forced settlement merges, but that’s not going to stop someone from building a giant 16 plot long Oorca whale in the sky right next to your Ancient Greek themed build… and no, one does not “simply reserve” the 10,000 plots around their 900 plot build to prevent that from happening.

The current cities and towns are cool and all, but each and every one is a hot mess of mix-matched, often mismatched builds. With private worlds, you could see an entire themed planet, not just a single cool build!

3 Likes

I like this idea. But i can just see people getting there mats ready to build hunting platforms. Lol.

1 Like

I was hoping nobody else had made the joke yet, because I was going to post my snip of a 69 stack fresh blood. :angel:

1 Like

go to the backwaters, i’ve had my mind blown a few times (don’t roam in builder mode coz it would totally ruin the Wonder and Goosebumps & disorientation while it dawns on you that someone had a diabolical/cool/etc sense of humor and parked it
1000+m from everything else.

Yep I’m up to 2907 hours now… so that’s about 2c an hour, I feel I’m getting good value for money.

4 Likes

myself i never count personal time has a factor for recommending a game cuz that is hyper subjective sure some of us drop $60+ and get a ton of hours but others may only play for a few hours before giving up and if it falls just outside of the refund window then they are SOL

if i’m pitching a game to a buddy i say will there is x hours of gameplay (based on how long it takes to finish the main game) with boundless i tell them you are spinning a roulette wheel on how much time you get out of it.

Yep I agree completely and I have sold it to friends in much the same way. I tell them it’s not a game for everyone and if you truly want to get the most out of it then eventually you will have to set your own goals and objectives and create your own fun. Much like minecraft, my brother finally found diamonds and figured there was nothing else to do after that and stopped playing… yet other people get 1000’s and 1000’s of hours out of it. (I’ve never actually played minecraft btw, but this was what he told me)

2 Likes

damn thats a nice video

1 Like

Exactly :star_struck::rofl::star_struck: