Made some weather sticks. Can’t wait to test them out

12 Likes

i’ve also been trying to make them but on a totem
no luck yet

1 Like

i need the quirk on my loot spanner XD

actual i have this need here the good weather quirk XD

2 Likes

Being me, I decided to make them on spanners (so I don’t accidentally lose dura on them when I misclick) and I had a condition - I wanted the spanners to ONLY have light, magnet, and weather effect (more neat and a challenge xD). I am proud of myself I gotta say xD.

Forged Spanners

5 Likes

what boon category are they all in?

1 Like

they’re quirks, and i don’t think gums affect quirks

1 Like

This is true

3 Likes

oh ■■■■, I missed that’s part lol; that’s funny so

1 Like

this is what im useing for them

1: Pure Boon Compound 3
2: Draining Boon Compound 2

3: Glow Gum
4: Special Gum
5: Trait Reduction Gum

6: Inviforation Paste 2
7: Protection Paste 2

8: Quirk Transmute Solvent
9: Boon Removal Solvent 2

10: Setting Resin

just done a bunch of testing on a creative xD

2 Likes

Quirk transmute really is the only “control” you have over quirks. I forged with quirks for a very long time and it looks to me like you have a good set up there. I use some variations on what you have there when I quirk forge my totems (slow-mo, sinking feeling, etc) but very similar.

4 Likes

edit: trait reduction gum does make it less likely to hit new quirks. so that’s kind of neat if you want to concentrate your quirk points to the first quirk slot

1 Like

I’m so excited about these quirks! I hope they get people looking at the other useful ones too.

Which others are useful? I know “That Sinking Feeling” is useful, but are there others? I haven’t started forging yet, but plan to focus on specialty items when I do, so I’m curious.

More on-topic, @whitelet Do you expect to have wayfarer’s totems with clear weather/lootstick in stock, or should I see about a custom order? Do you do custom orders? I’m also thinking about a gleambow rainstick (no glow/loot).

Continuing the off topic -
+attack speed when hungerbar is full?
-Energy drain when HP bar is full?

I may have them backwards but those are ones that I look for expressly. The quirks can also come in backwards on top of that where its +attack speed when hungry / -energy drain when HP bar less than full. It’s more specific than that but that’s a very rough synopsis. Then of course you have the +damage day/night ones

So many people insist on buying ‘pure’ forged tools but honestly quirked ones are the best (imo). Last I checked they were cheaper to forge, and if you hit the trifecta You’d get a load of quirks that actually made the tool great. Those are the tools I would pay 20-25k for. But since people think all quirks are bad, quirk sellers just seem to price all their quirky forged similarly and cheaply.

On Topic - the weather quirks, though I am happy to see the clear weather one. Definitely clear weather/light/autoharvest is what I will be making/buying.

2 Likes

Slow-Mo is one of my favourites.

Gives increased run speed at the expense of reduced walking speed.

3 Likes

I had no idea these work like that - none of the descriptions I can find online seem to show that info? Is there somewhere that shows these details?

2 Likes

Yeah there’s just not enough information regarding quirks, unfortunately. If you hop over to ps maryx, I had a little shop there selling quirky goods. It’s no longer open but I put up signs that are still there with my opinions regarding the use of each quirk. I think a few other shops have them as well. Golden fist does, I’m pretty sure.

3 Likes

Oh! You’re right! I remember the wall at Golden Fist, I’ll check that out, thank you.

1 Like

totems are not as trivial as chisel sticks to make. i’ll give it a go and see how bad it is :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! Hopefully not too crazy, though I think a rare purchase like this could probably be priced high enough to cover the costs.