Weekly Dev Update: 2016 December 23rd: Fixes, Live Update and more fixes!

This week we’ve been working on fixing the issues discovered in the Testing and Live releases. The team has been steadily departing for their Christmas holidays, gradually leaving less and less devs to help haul the game over the Live release line. But we finally made the release - all the details are here.

(Note to self: never attempt a game update in the last weeks before Christmas!)

Quite a short devlog entry this week as everyone was focused on getting the release done.

The entire team is on holiday between Christmas and New Year.

Code
Fixing issues reported by players in the Testing and Live releases.

Design
This week has been about getting the release onto the Live branch, with everyone helping out testing and fixing. We’ve been on a bit of a skeleton crew, but we’ve managed to get it done. Rob and Ollie have also updated the artwork on Steam, and planned out the GUI work that needs to be done next year.

Art
This week the art team has been supporting the Live release.

Even with a reduced complement for the Christmas break we’ve also been able to produce these goodies for you:

• Wildstock production has continued producing tier 2 models. A touch up for the original wildstock in game.

• Exploring elemental effects.

• We’re close to wrapping up the worms progression concept sheet.

Looking forward to sharing it with you in the New Year when we will also begin prototyping this exciting new addition to the Boundless universe.

24 Likes

I cannot wait for that worm!

3 Likes

This is looking BANGING.

Damn!!! This just keep getting better!!! I really wish I could play Boundless NOW!

Late reply for your devlog post since I am sitting on Bali and enjoying my vacation :tropical_drink:

I really like the artwork.

But the green poison looks bit strange.
Maybe it is due to my gaming history, but it feels like something poisoness is more purple then green.
At least the the effect, not the creature itself.

1 Like

Purple is often used for a Dark Magic. Green is normal colour for poison in opposite to red colour of health.

The haze in caves are terrible, without light it pitch black, with light on it shine white, in both case i cant see anything.

With lightcube on

Lightcube off.

1 Like

I’m glad you pointed this out, I totally forgot about this. It’s really annoying.

1 Like