Well its been a ride

That’s it I’m making a “Yup, another staying post”

2 Likes

Haha @Redlotus

1 Like

I don’t get why they don’t try to work with us on community content. We could make some great blocks and props.

10 Likes

Same. To me, BG3 will always be the thing that destroyed my favorite game…

9 Likes

I’ll play BG3 for a couple of reasons. First, because someone already bought it for me as a gift :smirk:, but secondly because Larian isn’t the studio that did anyone dirty. If Turbulenz ate Larian, THEN maybe I’d have some reservations, but not the other way around. Larian didn’t mean to offend the 50 people who still play this game - they just needed some new staff. And, from my experience with them over a couple of games now, their conduct and reputation are both pretty good.

And I imagine that Turbulenz/Wonderstruck/Whatever will still exist as a legal entity until all of their business is concluded once and for all. As long as even a trickle of revenue keeps coming in from this or any of their previous work, there will still be an address to mail the checks to.

Since the Wonderstruck name is still attached to Boundless at all, then I assume that Larian hasn’t completely assimilated them and is contracting the work out like most of us initially believed. If they were going to officially eat Wonderstruck, that would mean taking on all of their outstanding debts, previous sources of revenue, physical assets like hardware and real estate, etc. That would be the day that Wonderstruck™ got painted over and written over everywhere you could possibly find it.

4 Likes

But then they wouldnt be able to say that wonder struck costs larian money and then just claim big loses on taxes at the end of the year.

I mean, the price of 1 large sov world is enough to rent a server at AWS that can host more than 1 sov world so its not hard to do the math…

1 Like

You know, I had been waiting for the standalone server to try to get a benchmark on this, but I guess it could be done with just the current test client version of the server. Do you know if anyone has been able to estimate the instance requirements for 40 simultaneous connections?

1 Like

I agree with this completely.

IMHO I believe several things have happened:

1. They bit off more than they could chew with cross platform. Hence long times in between updates.
  2. They made promises they never delivered on, this is likely due to issues with cross platform and getting it to work on PS
  3. They lack transparency of what is going on in the development of the game. How long has it been since this last update was started and we are still waiting.
  4. The sold themselves to Larian
    Ultimately though they are likely making way more with Larian than they can with us and as long as we are all willing to continue giving them money we are just a side revenue. Other than that it feels like they have moved on from the game almost completely.

It is sad that this game has lost it’s traction and it really feels like when and if we get the next update that we will not see another again.

@xyberviri Very very very good point! I had not thought of this!

I want to ask a real honest to god pointed question of the community but I am scared I will get banhammered for even asking.

5 Likes

the config file for a 100 person world is 1gb and “logically” 1 cpu core. It looks like its for the standard world size.

but thats now 80, so im guessing that by adding 50% to the world size they had to cut the population limit on the world by 50% to bring it in line with the same resource usage… so im going to say its the same 1cpu core with 1gb of ram for the large sov world with a population of 40

im just guesstimating based working with a uber cheap boss where we run tons of stuff well below the recommended configuration up in aws and it does “just fine”…

1 Like

Does anyone think there will ever be another update?

5 Likes

The toughest for me is seeing the community shrink, its hard to even sell stuff these days, the only income I have is selling to the current baskets that still buy something other than that footfall reduced dramatically, sales are reduced by 70% im not sure if I can keep up with running everything if this this keeps up :pensive:

7 Likes

God no lol, I would hope they wouldn’t ban someone for asking that. But, I think we all pretty much know that’s not likely at this point and I don’t think shields and swords with being able to use more than 100 points per skill sheet is enough to revitalize people’s interest in the game.

You want someone to be banned for asking if there will ever be another update?

Why?

1 Like

At that point, I would have responded with something like “Well I would, but they don’t seem to be answering. Perhaps you could motivate them to respond? Because of the 22 some odd staff, only 4 seem to doing anything and that is just monitoring. God forbid we have an actual game issue such as a bug and are stuck with it.”

More on that here.

According to Tracxn, the company is unfunded.

Mis typed corrected my post. I think everyone here that knows me.knows me better than that.

Not sure how trustworthy that source is as it has them tagged as a mobile game developer. I also don’t think polycraft was ever released on mobile. Wonderstruck originally made html5 browser based games using the Turbulenz game engine.

3 Likes

Skyclimbers is looking promising to me after what they made on Kickstarter, but I do feel bad for people who spent $1000s. I wish you luck friend.

3 Likes

Wonderstruck is not a company. It’s Turbulenz game development division.
(Or do I have to say “used to be” now?)