Well its been a ride

Yup another leaving thread.

Back in 2015 I supported a company with a promise. After paying $250 USD for the Pioneer package, I couldn’t wait for a Non-PvP loot crate fested game to come on board. After years of playing, supporting guilds, helping gather materials for others…I have decided to hang it up for good.

After trying to get answers via email and DM, I realized that as a backer, this company is moving on to other ventures and letting this waste away. No new meaningful updates, no communication, and only hot-fixes. No more paying for 8+ Soveriegns, no more gleam club, and sure as hell will not be paying for BG3 after too many empty promises by Turbulenz. I really hope the dev’s would realize where they started and came from. Since I am being ignored on my requests for Early backer items missing, I am doing the same in return. Walking away and never coming back along with not supporting Larian projects.

27 Likes

@ardele you have truely been a great friend and addition to guild and we hate to see you go but totally understand. Please stick around in the discord server for sure! We are always open to the guild being in other games :grin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If they truely moved on maybe someone else will come up with next Cube Voxel based game similar to Boundless and you will like that. I hope if it does that Boundless hasn’t killed the dream for this type and style of building game to where people won’t back or help whoever comes up with the next iteration of Cubed World Voxel Building!

5 Likes

Strangely my view of paying for BG3 is the same. Even though turbulenz is a small part of it, to me it doesn’t sit well paying for a product that will pay the wages of a team who are happy to completely ghost their own game and many players in a heartbeat

18 Likes

Me Sad to see you go but if you ever decide to come back in the years to come I’ll still be around to help you get blocks if Needed boop

3 Likes

I have all of the larian games on ignore, mostly because i really got tired of seeing divinity also cause i dont really like fantasy games. I wish developers would take a risk and make games that had things like… i dont know… electricity or computers in them but whatever.

4 Likes

Sorry to see ya go. I bought another sovereign in your name :slight_smile:

If you have any extra colored blocks you don’t mind getting rid of I’ll gladly take them and add them to my color storage.

2 Likes

I’ve longed for an RPG set in the modern world as we know it.

2 Likes

I have the same thoughts. I love Baldur’s gate but what happened to boundless gives me pause.

9 Likes

Wonder what would happen if a lengthy story about this games development and state started to appear on larian forums.

Would we get more attention, or more likely banhammered into oblivion

7 Likes

I saw where someone from here did ask about Boundless over there in their general chat subforum, but was told to “talk to their friends at Turbulenz” about anything regarding it, IIRC. So taking it then Turbulenz does still exist separately and still owns Boundless independent of Larian… I guess?

1 Like

According to all the posts I can see larian acquired turbulenz . Nothing to say they aren’t operating as an independent entity or subcontractors though.

Still be difficult to argue to talk to someone that legally you likely have a responsibility for.

Who knows…not sure I can even be bothered to find out. Pretty obvious the devs have moved on.

I do find it intriguing that someone who has publicly said they no longer work for turbulenz or on boundless is the one who is responsible for moderating the game forums for them…

3 Likes

It’s completely possible that Turbulenz/Wonderstruck remained it’s own entity and only the employees were moved to a new company. I don’t know UK corporate or employment law, but if it’s similar to US law, I don’t think anything would stop Larian from making a new studio, everyone moving over voluntarily terminate their employment with Turbulenz and then take on employment at the new studio. That would bring into question what happens to the profit Turbulenz was taking for being an external contractor, if anyone got a payout for the acquisition and some other stuff.

It’s still all speculation until we get real information, though. We could come up with a hundred plausible scenarios and still be wrong.

1 Like

It could be that Turbulenz and Wonderstruck are/were separate entities. James said that Boundless wasn’t part of the deal with Larian, so perhaps the Boundless IP is owned by James personally, or Wonderstruck, and it’s only Turbulenz that became Larian Guildford. It might be that any people working on Boundless now are doing so as freelancers and not employees. This would explain why Leah changed her Twitter info, but still helps out on the forum. Could also just be a friend helping out a friend, too.

4 Likes

Alas, after 6mths I doubt we will get any

Also…your last post that got ban hammered into oblivion made me chuckle

To who and when? Never seen any official info on this one

Yeah, and even if these assets weren’t already separate, they likely could be pulled out if needed.

2 Likes

Completely Understand.
Wish you The Best @ardele

I got 17 weeks on GC and I will make sure I put up “Yup another leaving thread”

Abry’s !

2 Likes

Your not leaving us to are you loco-chan

1 Like

Hi @BabyCookie

I have 17 weeks left.
If nothing major gets done with this game, I’m out.
Why pay for anything in any game if they put down the shades.

4 Likes

(Q.Q,) but I’ll miss youuuuuuu

2 Likes