What achievements do you want to see in 1.0

Lester Would be Proud

Wear full orange gear

7 Likes

While I think the special achievements is neat, It would be kind of unfair to the people that played after us. Considering they wont ever be able to get all of the achievements.

1 Like

hmm, not really, i think event achies are kinda cool as long as they are split. world of warcraft did it, they had ‘‘achievements’’ and ‘‘feats of strength’’ (i think they were called) the feats were basically achies you couldnt get anymore.

1 Like

Lets necro this!

slayer kill 10 of every species that includes titans

2 Likes

Maybe first person in a clan to do… Because otherwise it wouldn’t be fair like Zeathoros said. Of course there should be a minimum number of members in a clan for clan privileges like ^this.

• Archeologist: mine all kind of blocks of a world / Adventurer: 5 worlds / Indiana B<: all worlds
  • world in your hands: own every kind of block of a world (inside your beacons, no matter if stored in chests) / galaxy in your hands: 5 worlds / Universe in your hand: all worlds
  • Dealer: sell 500 goods / 1000 goods / 5000 goods
  • Shopping Queen: buy 500 goods / money doesn’t matter: 1000 goods / what costs the world?: 5000 goods
  • Quest Sequel: A lost civilization -> all quests written in Oort signs; Achievement after completion: Oortian (also as title befor your character name). The sequel should be hard with many riddles, many crafted items to build and places hard to reach to get the next clue… so you really earn this title. (If the current backer Oortains get a similar title, then you should make the title differ of course. )
2 Likes

You might want to change the wording to: Mine every block type of a world

This decision goes to the devs. I think it’s more challenging :wink:
Why should every achievement be easy?

Well because you would need centuries to mine every block of all worlds^^ And if you did that noone had any worlds to play on left^^

1 Like

Ah that’s what you mean. Okay in this case every type. I just thought the different colors of a block belong to the same type. so red green and brown dirt are one type. Then you should at least mine one brown, one red and one green. That’s of course what I mean :stuck_out_tongue: damn english skills :stuck_out_tongue:

But corrected now in “all kind of”

1 Like

I think it would be cool if we wouldn´t get the generic achievements that just give you some worthless points but something like the Badass tokens in Borderlands.

My suggested achievement:

(If we get a walking option like it´s usual in MMOs :smile: )

2 Likes

It can be done well and it can be done poorly, the problem with it is the overall balance of the game. Achievements are meant to actually BE for achieving something, a pat on the back or a unique mount or a unique title. I would prefer them purely “cosmetic” and “none game affecting” but it all depends how it would be done.

TL;DR: i dont think achievements should physically enhance your character so you HAD to get certain achievements to be the most efficient.

2 Likes

I think that the Badass token in Borderlands were a neat approach towards “open ended” character progression and incorporated the usual achievement mechanic in a pretty fun and creative way .Also the boni in Borderlands started rather small (+1%) and decreased pretty fast (the 10th point in the same stat only gave +0.4%). so this tokens had by no means a considerable affect on your efficiency.

And as such they had basically no meaning and in the end turned into “useless points without purpose”

On further thought i think i could behind it if

1. it was only for the thing you did. E.G “mine 500 ore = 5% mining speed” since that would basically just be progression,
  2. it is clearly leveled as progression achievements and still most achies are just achies

I would personally hate having a sort of “mine 500 ore, get 4 oort points which can be used to get +2% attack speed” so as long as it is logical i think it would indeed be a good idea and just work as extented progress for those things they think would be cool to reward but didnt fit in their “Real” progress.

2 Likes

I think a reward of an achievement should be maximum decorative: title / mount / pet / clothes / house decoration. I think that’s usually enough motivation for people who collect rewards. Finally achievements are usually for long time motivation, having something unique which represents your effort or fills time meanwhile solving other tasks or as a nice alternative to standard tasks.
But nothing what’s giving you an advance like speed, life, attack power, so on…

3 Likes

That would kinda remove the point of my idea ^.^

It should be all or nothing btw, just restricting it to clan would jsut mean that people would make new clans specefically to get the achievment.

2 Likes

“Sometimes great ideas rise and fall, like the lives of great men”-me

“If you quote some bullshit and claim its from a famous person people will automatically believe it” -Abraham Lincoln

4 Likes

That’s even not just a statement, it’s psycologically proved. Also like that statement.