What are the things you wish you knew when you first started?

I was thinking about this today and thought “I wish I knew you could bump the warp earlier on”. This then got me thinking about what other people might be thinking (there was a lot of thinking about people thinking), so I thought I’d ask! What are some of the things you wish you knew when you started out? Maybe some new players like myself might benefit from it :slight_smile:

(I’m not doing this to say there’s not enough information in game, just thought it’d be fun to hear your thoughts!)

*Edit it’s a Warp not a Portal :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What do you mean by “bump the portal”???

2 Likes

It’s totally called a warp… not a portal! Where you go back to the Sanctum and bump the warp to a safe location using “E”! (I’ll edit the post) :smiley:

2 Likes

lol. Ok, I understand now. :slight_smile:

To answer your question, I wish I would have known about the smart stacking so I didn’t look like an idiot in my video. :joy:

1 Like

But I actually quite enjoy the learning process. I’d rather it be like this than having your hand held the whole time. It encourages cooperation and communication within the community. :smile:

1 Like

Haha! I should probably add that to my list too! Oh definitely man, I’d much rather have to learn everything - that’s part of the fun :smiley:

1 Like

well i started long before sanctuary or even smart stacking was around but for me a few things

always carry a torch and slingshot (life saver if you fall into a big hole or explore a cave)
the easiest way to get meat is to lure mobs into lakes and let them drown (or just live near one)
have a slingshot point if you live up a mountain (makes it faster to get home in case of spitter attacks ;))

2 Likes

-Don’t try to fight a monster repeatedly for food with your totem, thinking it will help, while not noticing the reduction in durability.
-Things are useful, don’t throw them away just like anything.
-You can really abuse world regen, destroy for materials, then magically wait for them to reappear.
-Grapple, torches and slingshot are your best friend, it can get pretty dark.
-Don’t create a warp picker, use the warp in the sancturn.
-Chisel is your best friend, treat him nicely.
-Intense hate for hoppers and spitters, remember to bathe in their blood.

2 Likes

The standard tool is the shovel, it is much more effective to break most block, except stone, rock and wood.
For example the refined stone, i used hammer to break them a long time before i find out it was much faster with the shovel.

1 Like

This one is a bit misleading. Since all that is guaranteed to regen is common blocks. Also the regen takes 8 hours from the last person that passed. A hole I made close to my house has yet to regen cause of activity in the area.

1 Like

Yeah, but common blocks are as good, having your own mining heaven is good.

2 Likes