What Do You Wish You Knew When You First Started Boundless?

There are a few things I wished I’d done differently when I landed in Tana and began my journey in Boundless. For one, holding back on random purchases of items I had no clue what they were for (ie combustion). Also, naming my main character Pixelatedtwix rather than Lunashaele.

10 Likes

Knowing what a grapple was I didn’t start grappling 6 months in

9 Likes

Knowing that getting into a fight with a creature did not mean certain death.

5 Likes

oh my… can’t think off the top of my head about something, but then again when you progress through development you usually have a chance to learn step by step before the game becomes more complex

there were a few topics like that before though and they sure make a good read

this one here from early access makes a funny read for those who remember those times; helps to see how far this game actually got (despite current stagnation):

And this one got good traction - created not long after the game’s premiere:

6 Likes

I wish I knew there was more than one kind of tree per planet when I started. I initially spawned in the middle of a bamboo forest. Foilage was seemingly only available at the top of the tall tall trees. I spent days digging dirt and making stairs and walkways up to the top of the bamboo trees to collect foilage. Somewhere around the time I had copper tools made, I ran around the planet and discovered there was plenty of low-lying foilage in other spots. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Grapple would have been great early on. I remember running back and forth on Raxxa, falling in holes every 2 minutes and having to dig my way out. Can’t believe I did that now.

6 Likes

That u can to to home from sanctum so many hrs wasted trying to find my way home

6 Likes

How to search for purchasable items. Used to spend hours in the Dk mall

3 Likes

We didn’t have that at the beggining so don’t feel bad we all experienced getting lost

3 Likes

I wish that when I first started boundless Oortstones sold for a lot more than they were chrysominted. I learned that the hard way after some hunts :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

And now you’re a pro. I’m glad I took on grapples early on, but it was comical watching me. Granted, sometimes it still is when I grapple my way to death by tree.

2 Likes

LOL! Me too! I used to hop from store to store.

1 Like

Oh wow! LOL!!!

1 Like

Me too…so much time trying to navigate portals.

1 Like

Lol true…unless you’re noob character is plopped onto a T3. Just the other day, my new hunter was. LOL!

1 Like

I did that on my permadeath toon. The worst!

As a newer player (6 months) I wish I had known just how great the game was and just how large the universe is and can be. The game surprised me a lot once I really played enough and gave it a chance.

I wish the game had been marketed better and I wish I had known about the game sooner.

3 Likes

I have to say I agree with you on the marketing. I guess that’s why I push the game on my channel so hard. It deserves a little more limelight.

2 Likes

I am very appreciative of what you do for the game. I started streaming it lately and hope that more people do too.

2 Likes

Me too! I would love to see more streamers or even more YT videos.

1 Like