What are we owed?

Just a hypothetical… what if they’re basically considering the game early access, from an advertising point of view, and Titans are next on the update list with heavy advertising coming with it?

1 Like

Then state as much. At this point in time though, this game has been “launched” longer than many games expected lifetimes.

3 Likes

They have a game that works. It’s lacking, but it works. Holding back on advertising while it has already made a first impression (ie Steam reviews, trailers, etc) is moronic, IMO.

1 Like

I’d only argue that there are so few reviews, and the game is so far off the radar, that it might as well be early access.

1,479 total reviews. Some games have gotten more the day they came out.

Yeah, I would say nothing is “owed” to anyone. Early Access backing is all “at your own risk” and it is an investment in the developers. Sometimes games do not pan out. You should never buy a game for what is promised, but for what it is today. If you are not willing to take a risk and invest in developers for Early Access, do not buy Early Access/back unreleased games. Every time I see an EA game, I always weight the option if I should buy it. I have been burned a lot and been rewarded a lot as well. I think all of the talk of what we are “owed” or threatening to sue/etc. is just doing to ensure the game never gets those features we want it to have.

But that all being said, you cannot have a online evolving world game unless there is healthy predictable communication from the people behind it. The fear of the unknown and unpredictability of the state of the game will only drive players away. So even “deserve” might be too strong of a term. For the success of well being of the community and game, there “ought to be” more transparent and predictable communication.

5 Likes

This is disgusting. I honestly can’t believe this. Who would vote that BabyCookie isn’t owed cookies? >:(

7 Likes

A gd monster is who!

2 Likes

I don’t think failure to deliver is fraud? If they had set the promise from the beginning with no intention of delivering a product, that would be fraud, but despite failure to communicate and failure to allocate resources, they appear to have made a good faith effort to complete the game as described.

Do you have an example of a case that is similar to Boundless, where it was an early access or “kickstarter style” product and the developer has made what appears to be a good faith effort to complete the project, but they were found guilty regardless?

1 Like

Agreed.

Would love to know more about wearables too…to be in diapers even all of these years later… :nauseated_face:

1 Like

images (2)

11 Likes

I was wondering about that rash… :flushed:

1 Like

Customers, which is what we are, are owed communication by the companies they do business with.

You would never accept a product that has limited support, no warranty, and unfinished features. All while they still sold you add-ons for the original product. The entire premise is preposterous, except in the software industry where it’s become acceptable.

It is not entitlement to expect clarity, communication, a roadmap, etc. That is a sign of a mature and self-advocating consumer. It is not unreasonable to expect developers provide insight on the direction their product is going.

What is unreasonable is to expect those things from developers who have not done it historically. It’s been years of this behavior from James and co. They don’t communicate because they choose not to. At some point they must be responsible for their own actions and inactions.

I truly hope we get the response and clarity we deserve, but as past behavior is a good indication of future behavior, it is unlikely.

3 Likes

If it’s about a new product u haven’t bought then no no we arnt
We are only owed communication if the priduct is faulty and games are different than that they always will have bugs or faults but it’s a gamble when u get any game u could like it or not like it

You’re all expecting the devs to be socially savvy. Us Brits ain’t that. We’re in the “no news is good news” bus, and we ain’t getting off :wink:

2 Likes

I feel like everyone deserves a Brit accent

Honestly it’s a game. Is anyone owed anything. Bit of a strange expectation when u feel owed after only spending 60 bucks on a game that I played for couple thousand hours

5 Likes

EXACTLY that!

1 Like

English

Scottish

Irish

Welsh.

Not British.

Almost like saying American is the same asy Mexican or Canadian :rofl:

Edit: or worse still calling a texan an alaskan

@Spoodle shame on you! Your from the island and are reinforcing the British thing :grin:

1 Like

Wait what

10 chars