What are we owed?

There have been multiple of us that offered to be a Community Manager for FREE, myself and @Tagris included but not limited.

Ok send us a emoji here @james like a :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: to show us he still hears us

1 Like

Ha ha ha, Fuzzy is here, the thread is gonna get closed. :rofl:

2 Likes

I was here when it first began and much like the speed force ill be here at the end to

I guess it’s mostly because of how the official testing thread has been closed like what? 2 or 3 times recently after you got in an argument. Maybe it’s because you write a bit too fast and don’t edit as much as you could, so it makes it look like things are getting super heated?
But who am I to say that, I edit my posts 10 times before I’m happy with them. ^^’

1 Like

In all fairness most of those were written while I was hungry and could barely form a sentence be glad I didn’t type this.
Ahhahahhagagdfdgsgsgfxvdbsgsvabgafdvdgd
Then again probably could have stopped the argument
Also I think I’m less known as fuzzy and more so known as the closer of threads
I have posted over 1.1k posts

This may be the reason you caused trouble, but there is no excuse for it.

If you are not in a state where you can post something reasonable, don’t post anything. You are responsible for your actions no matter what mental state you are in.

3 Likes

Gotta agree with Rydralain. There are some posts I wrote while under stress and/or anger (the blood-boiling type where you wanna hit someone), and that never ends well.

Though the moderation on this specific forum tends to be a bit… heavy-handed, compared to what I’m used to. ^^

2 Likes

It was supposed to be a joke🤦‍♂️

1 Like

It is though

1 Like

Reminds me of that scene from Joker getting angry at Harley Quinn in “Mad Love”.
If you have to explain that it’s a joke, then there is no joke.

Point is, it’s important to take time when writing, and editing posts instead of double-posting, etc etc.
Last time on the update testing thread, it all started to go to heck when there was a loop of “they are” “no they arnt” “they are” “no they arnt” being thrown around. Now that thread is still locked. :clap:

Now I’d rather avoid having this thread locked because we get in an argument regarding if you were joking or not. :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s Fuzzy Oppenheimer: I have become Death, the destroyer of threads. :grin:

2 Likes

I’d be happy to be a community manager for free along with helping with the website … all @james has to do is ask. I offered it a few times to him directly.

I have always tended to avoid this discussion. I think the last time I chimed in on this was a few weeks after retail release. Essentially I backed the devs and gave them the benefit of the doubt. However, some time has passed and a couple things do stick in my craw. One is that backer tiers higher than me (Master) are still owed some of what was listed in their bullet points as the purchase package of their backing tier. That needs to resolve with like value at the least.

The other problem I have is that Boundless never got the marketing it should have, my theory is that the hosted servers would be too costly to serve a massive player-base. . . but this game doesn’t really work as intended without an ARK sized player-base. It’s simply too big. (Yes we used to bicker over real estate, but that was part of the challenge, and the devs took wonderful steps to automate resolution in that regard.)

Boundless has never reached its potential, period. And that is on the devs.

6 Likes

Is he even allowed to accept such a proposition, though?
'Cause I’d glady offer to model props in 3D from Minyi’s concept arts. I’d do it for free.

3 Likes

I sadly don’t know what he can and can’t accept. There is probably also a hefty difference in web help versus 3d models.

I am not even sure the state of the game, the development of it or who ultimately owns the game other what is out on the web.

Ooh ooh ooh I got a Good Example @Goblinounours chan any remember this trailer
https://youtu.be/osX1BW71nyU
And we got a broken game anthem on release with nothing they Promised
Yes they made it better through the years but still don’t have alot of what they promised

Anthem is a different story too. The developers were competent, but EA scr€wed them over.
For instance, they forced them to work on the Frostbite game engine (all the Modern Warfare, Fifa, Madden, Need for Speed…)… EA seems to think that this game engine is as versatile as the Unreal Engine… but it’s not.
Games which need a new engine to perform ok, like Mass Effect Andromeda, Anthem, Mirror’s Edge Catalyst, they all perform bad because the devs are forced to work on a tool they have to adapt to, instead of a tool adapted to them.
Anthem had lots of other issues, but to me, the Frostbite thing is an example of why it was doomed to fail from the start.

The other example is, of course, the infamous Cyberpunk 2077.
Development of 4 years, not enough for a game of that scope, and like No Man’s Sky, the boss saying crazy sh!t like “hey, there’s gonna be a multiplayer mode in a patch!”. I think it was Adam Kiciński who kept saying “yeah, everything is running better than expected, we’re just fine-tuning the game”, straight-up lying to players, AND THEN acting like he actually wasn’t aware of the true state of the game, accepting a sh!t-ton of money (something like 13.000.000$ shared between the two CEOs, while the devs who were supposed to get around 34.000$ each, instead got between 5000$ and 20.000$).
Imagine being that guy who crunched for years and get a compensation bonus of 5k… yaaaaay…
The game needed about one more year of work to be “ok”.
All the good will CD Projekt Red acquired through The Witcher 3 has been burnt to a crisp with how much they lied to their players (me included, but as a PC gamer with a good rig, I didn’t suffer as much as those who wanted to play the game on PS4).
Going forward, they’re gonna need to do A LOOOOOOOOOOT to re-gain their lost reputation.

1 Like

I agree somewhat with this. I think with most of those we are talking about larger development teams. I think if you were looking at certain aspects for the “What Are We Owed” a prime example would be Star Citizen … and the millions of dollars raised for it. A friend of mine spent a ton of money on ships in that game and a package or two ($10000+). I can’t say I’ve kept up with the game … but last time I played it … it was pretty awesome but still very disjointed. It felt like multiple games under a the title of “Star Citizen” I know it had some huge ambitious plans… and probably one of the most crowdfunded games as of late. To see them carry out on all the promises made will be interesting.

With Boundless, I am unsure how big the dev team is…or how big the entire team is… looking at it from a dev perspective… ideally you want developers, QA/game testers and maybe some infrastructure… at a barebones level … you could have one developer doing all of this. I would like to know how many people are working on the game as I think it will really let you know the state of things.

I will say I have reached out to James, Square Enix, Larian and Sony in an effort to get someone to notice there is a community over here struggling for some kind of acknowledgement. I know most likely it will fall on deaf ears or make it’s way into someone’s junk mail … but I will continue to reach out and try to get some form of communication from anyone in regards to Boundless. It never hurts to try …

1 Like