What are we owed?

Honestly, the lack of communication on boundless makes me kind of not want to buy Baldur’s Gate 3.

And I’ve played all the prior BG’s and spin-offs.

2 Likes

Well, apparently, Wonderstruck’s hand in the development of Baldur’s Gate 3 is small. It is Larian’s game, not Wonderstruck’s. And I do believe it will be great. I will jump on that train, IMO. What I’ve seen from it looks a lot like Divinity Original Sin 2, and I freaking loved that game. Had soooo much fun with it!

BUT the next Wonderstruck game, definitely, I don’t see myself spending money on it, especially if what happened (and is happening) with Boundless happens again.
Wasn’t there some news from James that they were already working on a new IP (not Baldur’s Gate 3)?

Well mes over here I probably buy another 100k plots to build and take over Houchus then ill be done Houchus is endgame Mwahahahaha

(But I’m not a Backer So I Love the Game For what it was I would like more but don’t suspect it I only suspect them :cookie: s the computer keeps telling me boop)

3 Likes

I dunno about a new IP … but I did have contact with James in a PM that they/he are/is working on getting what is on TEST to LIVE. I wasn’t an original backer and I love Boundless for what it is. While I don’t like how things are being handled or how they have been handled I still stick by the fact that there must be some reasoning behind the lack of transparency lately. COVID played a large role in a lot uncertainty in the industry… and now that things are getting back to normal I hope there is at least some public announcement about the state of the game.

Why companies don’t have a bi-yearly, or quarterly state of the game is beyond me.

1 Like

While I do feel covid19 played a part in how people worked it did not hurt the gaming industry at all financially. Actually they saw tremendous gains because of covid19. https://www.statista.com/topics/8016/covid-19-impact-on-the-gaming-industry-worldwide/#topicHeader__wrapper

1 Like

Oh no doubt that the financials were stronger as people were cooped up and needed things to do. All streaming services were up too. More to my point is that I am unsure how many devs are working on Boundless, but I know James had expressed some issues due to Covid… and while the gaming industry was booming for many companies… for a small shop for a relatively unknown game I doubt it was too profiting.

Hasn’t everyone harassed me enough

People in this thread are trying to help you more than they are trying to make fun of you. Yes, there is some fun poking, but you were pretty much asking for it :upside_down_face: :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ik it’s not like u guys are ark players

IMO, the only valid reason to mention Ark is the glorious poop interval.

Because ark servers are known for their toxicity

…I wasn’t asking. ^^
What I meant is that just looking at that one video, my Jank-o-Meter© is going through the roof. I don’t see myself ever spending money in that game.

:point_left:
10 chars

:man_shrugging:
10 chars

I just want to thank all of you for coming here day in and day out. I’ve been following the game since 2015 and this forum has always been playing out like a creepy, endlessly repeating sociology experiment for me.

Like “Waiting for Godot” but with a bigger cast.

5 Likes

Let’s hope that, unlike “Waiting for Godot”, those we’re waiting for actually make a move soon, then. ^^

See, and that misplaced optimism completes the circle.

2 Likes

Soooo… people who complain suck, and people who keep hoping for news suck too?

Everyone sucks

1 Like

A’ight.

4 Likes