What are your hobbies?

I bought the “better” kindle so not the one that is like the ipad and not the cheapest, i got the paperwhite. i havent regretted it at all, it is so freaking great.

I really liked Bartimaeus and Septimus Heap
And just recently I read the Demon Cycle series, which I’d also recommend.

May be time for me to take the plunge and invest in one then … I’ve run out of cupboard space anyway :wink:

ahaha lol more replies the views never seen that before

I should get done with the demon cycle :slight_smile:

Oh wait another great series would be powder mage.

Also Brent Weeks writes some great stuff too.

2 Likes

This is the one i got, you can get a cheaper one with only half the PPI, but i would definitely recommend this one, not to mention that the books are cheaper and it’s a hell of a lot easier to read on. i read quite a bit and my main problem was always i would finish a book and then there would maybe go a month before i found something else to read or had the money for it.

how expensive is a dam book?

in denmark? 15 - 25 pounds, depending on the popularity of the book and age, not counting sending it.

Depends, if it is a technical book about how to build a dam it might be a bit more expensive than a history book about dams.

1 Like

25 pounds is like 250 swedish kr wtf

Oooh, I’d forgotten about Brent Weeks - another good author - I enjoyed the Night Angel series.

1 Like

here are the top sellings in mystery/detective novels in DKK, The black price is the real price, the red is if you pay premium every month on that one site.

Yeah sounds about right, ebooks cost a bit less than the paperback versions. Do the danish kindle store have english books? Cause I have basically given up on danish writting that do not come from a danish author.

wt…f!!! dayng

They fall in price when they stop being on the bestseller lists and have been selling not so well for a few years.

i just use amazon.co.uk i know the feeling, i just hate the danish language in general. the good thing about that is that the english versions of the book are like 30% cheaper than the danish version in danish stores xD

i dont have anything danish on my account, and i have 600 books.

1 Like

I bought a sony ebook at one point, it was basically impossible to get any english ebooks for it at that point. I ended up jsut using the library like i did before anyway.

If you dont want to invest in a kindle you can download it as an tablet, phone or pc app, that was what i used before i decided to buy the kindle. everything runs directly over your amazon account. the app you can get anywhere, its the electronics that are the most genius.

Does the Kindle have free books that you can download like Apple iBooks? I’ve found that is often a good way to find new authors that I wouldn’t normally have found otherwise. The authors on there usually make their first book free in the hopes it gets you hooked so you then buy the next 2-3 books in their series.[quote=“Zouls, post:39, topic:3558”]
If you dont want to invest in a kindle you can download it as an tablet, phone or pc app
[/quote]

Ah yeah, I’d forgotten about that!

Yeah i read alot of free books, you “buy” them for 0 dollars so you own them after buying them, at times they give the books for free for ex amount of time, but there are many books that are free which are like a book series of 3 - 7 books.

i fell in love with the LitRPG genre which was created by the “play to live” series. now im just waiting for book 6 and 7 to be translated to english.