What are your hobbies?

here i just searched “fantasy” and said price lowest to highest

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_price-asc-rank?keywords=fantasy&rh=n%3A133140011%2Cn%3A154606011%2Cn%3A668010011%2Cn%3A158576011%2Ck%3Afantasy&qid=1452255404&sort=price-asc-rank

you can do that with any word.

EDIT: rather you can select price as the sorter rather than relevance in the upper right corner, though it has to be said that the quality of the free books vary GREATLY.

Actually much easier than jsut keep throwing out names:

This is a somewhat mixed batch as i update it rather rarely and always forget half the books i read.

I highly recommend the Wool series by Hugh Howey. Currently reading The Atlantis Gene, it’s silly but fun.

You have fabulous hair bro.

I know right? :slight_smile: The picture was a total accident and will be my facebook picture until a better one shows up ^.^

This is the series im talking about

it seems that the 6th book just got translated 3 weeks ago so i definitely have to get that when i have some money.

1 Like

I am kinda surprised Garth nix have not been mentioned yet. :slight_smile:

The king killer chronicle, Hands down one of the most epic series i have ever read. sadly the last one isnt written yet… i have been waiting for so long.

1 Like

Don’t get me started - I feel a Pasta War coming…

Medieval fighting (longsword, spanis sword/rapier [ropera], greatsword, etc).

Softcombat, kendo, aido.

Wargames and rol games.

Videogames…

And a long looooong list…

(History, and discussign too!!!)

My hobbies are playing my guitar and being anti-social. :joy:

3 Likes

reading (fantasy or sci-fi) on my Kindle, GAMING of course, creating Art, Hiking, Camping, swimming

Gaming (esp. Ball Mayhem from apknite extension), shopping, reading

Always interesting to see what folks are into. Gaming and reading are my big ones, most time-consuming anyways. On reading, mostly nonfiction - science, history, political science stuff generally, though I’ll do the occasional sci-fi (read Seveneves recently), and some historical fiction. Most of the other stuff is outdoors - I like to hike out around here and take photos, occasionally fish but not too often, enjoy golf though I’m terrible at it.

Main other big one is rockhounding. Lot of stuff to find here in the mountains where I live, it is quite interesting digging into the old geological records and finding where they were mining a century or more ago - I can say there are people with homes on old asbestos workings that probably have no clue! Fun to poke around in creeks, but mostly go to a local mine (not one of the tourist places, this one is only material from the property) that used to be owned by some friends of mine. Rubies, sapphires, garnet, various other stuff. It is all about the finding for me… people always ask what is it worth? I’m like, I dunno, whatever someone will pay for it? :rofl: I just like finding and collecting it! Fossil hunting is fun too, but don’t get to do that too often these days. Hope to get back out west before TOO long as there is a trilobite fossil pit out in Utah I really enjoy going to.

1 Like

I figured I’d throw a few of these pics up since I’ve gotten some comments from folks here in messages about the pics I put up on social media about the gem mining I do IRL. I’ve got tons of these but this is just a few of a particularly nice ruby I found a few weeks back - I didn’t take a few of them, just the top one where it is in the screen and the one on the phone light, the other you’re seeing a dear friend of mine who took some better pics of it for me. :slight_smile:

Anyways, this really is a fun thing to do if you ever get the chance - and a great, educational activity for kids! If ever in the area and interested, definitely message me, can point you the right way - unfortunately, there are some tourist trap mines which put stuff from elsewhere in. Not a bad thing if you have kids that are easily bored, they’re guaranteed to find stuff, problem is, they lie about it and the values of the stones. You are VERY unlikely to get rich doing this (there is a reason these are tourist mines - not enough precious stones to make it viable to mine commercially). BUT, it is a ton of fun! :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m going to give this a bump since, as I mentioned in my last post here, some folks here have shown interest in my rockhounding stuff, and figured I’d give some info and pics with another place I’ve been going to this season as the usual has been closed. It is a great place to plan a trip to, a ton of fun and really good thing for families, so maybe someone will find the information useful.

https://www.sheffieldmine.com/ - Really great place! :smiley: Only thing is, it is for sale now, so hope it is still open next season. Been going a lot of weekends recently (season ends soon), doing very well, finding quite a bit including some rather large pieces of corundum. At one over 100 cts. even. We just do the native dirt here, but this place also offers “salted” buckets with pretty good stuff in them, great for kids or if you just want some cool souvenirs. Including a pic of stuff out of one that someone else had below at the bottom.

4 Likes