What did you do in Boundless today?

First time playing in a few days. Got a deal on some bones so I started some glue then I farmed enough trunk to refill my shop stands with it and then went to get some clay.

I decided to put a couple more holes in the walls of my sOILpLEX for campfires. There are a couple of open caves here but I put one right by the portal it’s basically central to all three soil plots.

I added another on the wall furthest from the caves in case anyone wanted to run that way.

I ran a couple of tests, digging out each area and bombing. It seems like if you had 2 players you could farm silt and clay here with only one bombing. The peat area is back to back with the silt though so it won’t fully regen if you’re bombing from one of the other spots. If you went from the back platform and threw the bomb into the center one character could regen all three areas.

Anyways I farmed a couple chest of clay I’ll do a couple more and start them compacting before bed.

Also after someone asking about soil farms earlier today I’ll post a reminder about my farm “Layer Cake”. This one is set up for a regen farmer and it’s in a spot to provide your 3x3 with one layer each of sand, silt, and clay. Not the best when you’re rushing on a single project but it’s great for just stocking up on useful blocks.

14 Likes

Wow it’s quiet over here I guess.

3ish in the AM I got up with my head spinning about something else, decided to come here for some distraction. Noted that BUTT was catching up and decided to bargain hunt for a minute.

I wound up messing around on Gellis for probably 30+ minutes. I wound up reclaiming a build I was holding there, discovered a couple of regions, ran into someone’s town.

Lots of good grapple play. Have you ever noticed how, when you’re trying to build or explore it’s always night but when you’re trying to get to a sov/exo the night takes forever to come? I wanted something on a sov and couldn’t easily find a portal and even after waiting for night couldn’t get it. I Started to think maybe it was private.

I went home (to another planet) and back, so the sky would refresh, and it was the first world I saw in the sky when I came back out of the hub :exploding_head:

Anyways, got the stuff. AFter all that I just bought out everything cheap at the shop :rofl:

The nearby portal was behind locked doors but they have a little hub so of course I wound up coming back to a portal that’s just a couple of meters from my own at the TNT megahub. I’ve learned I don’t mind that though. I know where to go (if I remember) if I like their prices now and I got to see a bunch of stuff.

In fact I ran into one of those spots that make you facepalm, it’s so perfect. Another time that I might just uproot my entire base - if it was on a permanent planet. No pics though because it was not actually that impressive looking but there was a medium pond, nearly round, with underwater cave entrances in several directions. The sort of thing I like.

:crazy_face:

Anyways I got some a bunch of bones to cook and then I’ll probably see if I can get a couple of hours of sleep since it’s just about 4:20 and I have stuff to do today. Carry on :wave:

11 Likes

Everytime, I’m glad I’m not the only one to experience this. I felt this so much as it happens everytime. When waiting for nighttime the day seems to take forever to cycle through. Same goes for when building when you want it to be daytime :rofl:

8 Likes

I have over 100ss now of trampolines in my build. Still not at half way done yet :joy: so there are times I feels like I am torturing myself lol

16 Likes

What are you planning there with all them trampolines? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Went for a mining trip today.
Tracked my findings, which is something I have not done in a while. Wanted to see how much coin I could make if I wanted to sell all the stuff, I thought was valuable from the haul.
Took a Smart Stack of Diamond Durability T6 hammers, which I forged myself. Which all materials were gathered myself to produce those hammers. SO, cost of Hammers is only time so far.

Went for a mining trip to a nice planet I love: [Saphira] --[T6 - Fierce Chill Sovereign World]-- [Active] and hauled in:
Just shy of 17 SS of Iron = 113,625 coin
8.25 SS of Sapphires = 273,800 coin
.25 SS of Topaz = 13,500 coin
3.25 SS of Med Fossils = 51,300 coin
2.5 SS of Large Fossils = 101,250
2.75 SS of Med Coal = 14,400 coin
5.5 SS of tech = 14,850 coin
.5 SS of Opal = 6,750 coin

Total profit = 589,475 Coin for 1 SS of Diamond hammers (which on average, if bought shouldn’t really cost more than 76,500 coin max (imo) @ 8,500 each)

SO, this is all to say, as I did for a friend, that mining is still very profitable. Now, ask me if I sold any of it…No, because I am a horder…lol

14 Likes

This is why prices stay good for those that want to sell.

4 Likes

Today I worked on a bridge that presently leads to nowhere :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Saw a ghost exo fly toward me (it got big and then swooped back up and away) on Maryx
Was sitting on the couch so I had to jump up to grab a screenshot
And then I got distracted by that and came here so that’s how its gone so far :rofl:

10 Likes

Did quite a bit today in boundless sadly im not placing blocks and chiseling them fast enough to make a big difference :rofl::joy::rofl:.

Placed all the spark links and the “base pillars” where the machines will sit in. As i know now how much space i have.
Im slowly hitting the point that i have to craft again (running out of certain things).

Besides im also hitting the issue that it’s best to build in (mostly) air plots that already have been plotted because im not gaining the plots at the speed that im building the “skeleton” of the building.

Hopefully it will be a “slow” week at work because ill then keep bringing my laptop to work. :wink: next weekend 3 days so ill probably play more :wink:

5 Likes

I learnt, courtesy of @AdoraLupinatu, that the Boundless Information Station also has the emojis that can be used on the signs :slight_smile: Hands up all who just used BIS to find colours … oh. Just me then :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

7 Likes

So this is my progress report…
Slowly inching to 3m prestige… it doesn’t help that im using mostly black sed brick :rofl::joy::rofl:.

Any who :wink:

13 Likes

Finished the platform to my gleam ball, it even looks like a teddy bear blowing bubbles. LOL

All I need now is someone on the TNT hub to put the planet name on the portal. Thx

13 Likes

Hi everyone, Bastion Concrete as of today is carrying Dark Turquoise Concrete (from sand) ,Happy Building !!

14 Likes

What planet r u on and what color?

2 Likes

The planet is called Charm off Cardass. Can’t remember the colour, it like a rose pink :sweat_smile:
When I’m back in I can check.

1 Like

I’m always curious about that. Do you mean in spark cost or time or both? It’s like an itch I can’t scratch if I don’t have 24 :wink:

3 Likes

I didn’t really check the time difference, but the spark difference was only about 100 for 12 extra coils

There are a couple of items that require 13 or 14 coils (enriched combustion particle) power-wise, but you can totally get away with 12 and not miss out on much at all

24 coils

12 coils

Spark: 4755 (12) vs 4675 (24), 80 total savings
Time: 47m 32s (12) vs 46m 45s (24), 47s time saved

8 Likes

Time and spark seem to follow the same curve, the reductions are on a curve. Spark is a little more flexible though since there are both skills and buffs that can improve that above the curve.

The max amount of reduction you can see in the GUI comes with the 16th coil past the number of coils required for the craft. Over 14 it’s laughable though.

I thought I had posted a breakdown in my old serpensarindustries threads but it must be buried around here. If I can find a breakdown soon I’ll link it. I’m confident enough to state 16 coils from memory.

For anyone reading who isn’t clear what I mean by “past the number of coils required for the craft” it’s just that the reductions don’t start until you’ve met the requirement, which means if something requires 600 power, you’re going to get reduction up to 18 coils. If the craft requires 1200 power, you’re going to get reductions up to 20 coils (4 required, 16 reducing) etc…

All the way up to some items (I think just some max coils) that actually require 24 advanced coils to craft. Once you hit 2400 in the power requirement, you will be able to see time/spark reductions out to the 24th coil. If the craft requires more than 2400 power you will never max the curve.

EDIT:

This thread is loaded:

Shows my breakdown of spark on a 0 power craft (the difference between 15 and 16 coils on that while fully buffed was one spark :rofl:), time reductions on some high power crafts, and links to even more/older data.

7 Likes

explored the current umbris exo:

20230424223914_1

20230424223945_1

20230424224415_1

20230424225559_1

20230424225823_1

20230424230046_1

20230424230227_1

20230424230414_1

16 Likes