What did you do in Boundless today?

Hi everyone, Bastion Concrete as of today is carrying Dark Turquoise Concrete (from sand) ,Happy Building !!

14 Likes

What planet r u on and what color?

2 Likes

The planet is called Charm off Cardass. Can’t remember the colour, it like a rose pink :sweat_smile:
When I’m back in I can check.

1 Like

I’m always curious about that. Do you mean in spark cost or time or both? It’s like an itch I can’t scratch if I don’t have 24 :wink:

3 Likes

I didn’t really check the time difference, but the spark difference was only about 100 for 12 extra coils

There are a couple of items that require 13 or 14 coils (enriched combustion particle) power-wise, but you can totally get away with 12 and not miss out on much at all

24 coils

12 coils

Spark: 4755 (12) vs 4675 (24), 80 total savings
Time: 47m 32s (12) vs 46m 45s (24), 47s time saved

8 Likes

Time and spark seem to follow the same curve, the reductions are on a curve. Spark is a little more flexible though since there are both skills and buffs that can improve that above the curve.

The max amount of reduction you can see in the GUI comes with the 16th coil past the number of coils required for the craft. Over 14 it’s laughable though.

I thought I had posted a breakdown in my old serpensarindustries threads but it must be buried around here. If I can find a breakdown soon I’ll link it. I’m confident enough to state 16 coils from memory.

For anyone reading who isn’t clear what I mean by “past the number of coils required for the craft” it’s just that the reductions don’t start until you’ve met the requirement, which means if something requires 600 power, you’re going to get reduction up to 18 coils. If the craft requires 1200 power, you’re going to get reductions up to 20 coils (4 required, 16 reducing) etc…

All the way up to some items (I think just some max coils) that actually require 24 advanced coils to craft. Once you hit 2400 in the power requirement, you will be able to see time/spark reductions out to the 24th coil. If the craft requires more than 2400 power you will never max the curve.

EDIT:

This thread is loaded:

Shows my breakdown of spark on a 0 power craft (the difference between 15 and 16 coils on that while fully buffed was one spark :rofl:), time reductions on some high power crafts, and links to even more/older data.

7 Likes

explored the current umbris exo:

20230424223914_1

20230424223945_1

20230424224415_1

20230424225559_1

20230424225823_1

20230424230046_1

20230424230227_1

20230424230414_1

16 Likes

looks helliish :smiley:

3 Likes

Started building a shop today on Ceph - lots of linear mosaic and concrete. Just stocked in about 5SS of Strong Blue concrete at premium price. I’m not cheap :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Just got back from T7 SOV [Praxia] …
… I think I have enough of this color for now :+1: :wink:

9 Likes

I let an AI ponder how upgraded character models would look:

or

perhaps.

15 Likes

Like them both bit this one the most :wink:

7 Likes

Tortured my slot machines forges to create T1 tools for shop stand restocking.
20230426_2 20230426_1

Now it is waiting time

Next I have to gather sapphires as I used them all. For that I gave Saphira a 2 month extension to provide many more of them.

11 Likes

Spent the last several days avoiding building while I figured out some layout stuff in my head

Did a bunch of gem mining and crafting and got bored of it pretty quick (the mining part, I mean)

So I went on Operation Smoort Stack yesterday- ended up with 937 rough oort. The only time I really had for playing last year was used going on 2-3 hunts each week- so I definitely didn’t need more oort- but its something I can easily do while riding the old exercise bike (and as a bonus, it keeps me on it for 2+ hours at a time)
So I busted out the hunter (since he’s still geared up from all the oortbuster hunts) and chased @Turrican2006 around an absolute gem of a t3 hunt sov

And then when I got back from my morning errands I started laying out some city:

I’m doing my best to avoid detail work until I’ve laid out the base layers but it drives me nuts (I often find myself standing around; just staring at a section, visualizing the end product and the steps to get there instead of building it)
And then there are the times I’m unable to make a decision because I’m looking too far into the build and one just can’t do that when free building- that section can (and will) look completely different by the end- so I know the only way forward is to pick something and just go with it

Having other tasks to do helps so much. I would have ashed this like 16 times already

Somewhere along the line, I finally remembered to check my level when opening a coffer- coincidentally right when the character hit 420

So I’ll be back later to work on it some more :rofl:

15 Likes

Spent the better part of a week shopping/crafting/gathering bits for the isle of Aquarius temple I posted earlier.

Needed to take a break from that to build.

Saw this …

Wanted it shaped more like this …
43032b161f481f43e331bae3cc07be3e

Came up with this … Still needs some decoration but overall it’s done.

Copper teakettle house with spilt copper cup. Hot orange/Dark orange/shadow mustart and crisp teal.

Now it’s time for dinner … whose cooking?

23 Likes

It really amazes me how much variation I get plugging in a reference pictures and just mutating off of it just a little. With a wider and more vague prompt, the variations is huge, but am improving =) Plantlike venus-flytrap aliens, check.

3 Likes

I have been obsessively building on Bean Town…. Had a couple visitors… Marcel stopped by to play piano and sit at my desk. :blush:

19 Likes

2nd is awesome, me want :smiley:

4 Likes

Love the way you can put more shape into a Boundless build. Looks great :+1:

3 Likes

I spied my second drowning meteor on Rivai today!

Well that one is North, there is another one South and the one that went dormant earlier…

So odd!

12 Likes