What do you listen to while playing?

I have actually thought of making a thread like this as I can’t play without some kind of music going and was curious what others listen too as well . I usually listen to Gorillaz , ZombieZombie or Steven Page .

2 Likes

When I’m really concentrating, like sorting gleambow stuff, lofi hip hop. Other than that the boundless music, a podcast, rap, or r&b. Or i’ll get a second tv/screen and watch some sports/catch up on old series i stopped watching and don’t mind missing parts of.

2 Likes

Elevator music…really gets you in the zone :joy:

2 Likes

I either listen to my regular music or the game music - zoning out to music with Boundless is so relaxing and healing for me, really makes me feel better, escape for a bit! :slight_smile: My music tastes are a little unusual, a lot of Celtic and New Age stuff, and I have my share of game tracks on my iPod (Inon Zur is a favorite, and another artist I like, David Arkenstone, also does game music).

5 Likes

That’s wassup!
It’s kind of the reason why I made the thread was to hear some artist and tracks I’ve never heard before, I’m glad you shared, along with the others - doesn’t matter if it’s unusual music a lot of it is new to me, might be new to others!

Pseudo is the dude right there playing the game music through steam, never thought of that!

1 Like

also this thread from the past…

2 Likes

If I am listening to music I’ll turn on some AViVA, Elderbrook, Micah Martin or Laura Brehm and just let youtube run. Though lately I just turn on audiobooks.

2 Likes

Thanks, dang it - thought I searched before posting… I know how some folks don’t like Necro though lol
more tunes to sift through now for sure

2 Likes

Necroing is fine if it’s relevant :smile: but a new topic is also okay!

7 Likes

Necro everything!!!

4 Likes

Only if relevant pls :laughing: :eyes:

3 Likes

I have been listening to this when i get bored and just explore…for some reason i tend to hold the spacebar down entire time and jump nonstop…odd haha

4 Likes

No promises :innocent:

3 Likes

I don’t have a strong preference on music in general, i like people from Michael Buble and Coldplay to NWA and Biggie. But for listening whilst playing Boundless I like Chillstep mixes, Studio Ghibli mixes, ‘Late Night’ mixes.

But I listened to this mix and ALOT early on in Boundless now I get mad nostalgia (even tho its only a year ago) whilst listening to it - its kinda sad/slow but happy:

6 Likes

Nice one Ovis, I dig your youtube channel man. Also that thing yall built on Antar VI is awesome, the big Oortian Clock or whatever it is, super cool. Keep it up!

1 Like

I listen to everything from Vivaldi to hardcore electronic to swing to folk to death metal.

I usually just hit a spotify playlist and go.

Which also brings up a desire of mine.

I wish the boundless soundtrack was on spotify lol

7 Likes

Cheers mate, I appreciate that! :fist:

1 Like

I usually have Anime playing on the second monitor, or a show from streaming from netflix or hulu.

If I am listening to music it is a mix of rock, metal, and country from the 80s to current, but most the stuff is probably 80s - early 2000s.

Or if a specific band, lately its been Sabaton a bit.

edit: I mean cause come one this is awesome:

7 Likes

Van Morrison, Nick Cave, Alt-J, The Strokes, the danish artists C.V. Jørgensen and Sort Sol, among others. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Everything from all kinds of metal, to classic rock, to classical, to chill trance and back again to the metal. Depends on the current mood really. Guess its even easier to say everything except most country and any top 40 pop type auto tune stuff.

3 Likes