What do you listen to while playing?

Along the theme of music, I’m curious, what do you all listen to in the game while you play?
Everyone seems to love the music in the game, but there isn’t enough of it - right?!

Maybe you have a playlist you just roll front to back or maybe you have some music for certain activities?
Not just like - random everyday music, but music that you listen to specifically when you play Boundless!

I started rolling Carbon Based Lifeforms when I got the game, albums “Interloper” and “World of Sleepers”… it’s like my go to for farming and building. Always reminds me of snow-covered Imoco Nights looking up at them stars.

8 Likes

If I listen to music,

Then for mining is normally something along the lines of.

For new exo worlds

Building my facility.

However lately, I have stopped listening to music, and started listening to youtubers rant about topics while playing the game.

2 Likes

Shpongle lol nice =D
I’ll check these out - thanks!

1 Like

Hmmm combichrist sounds like wannabe NIN
Prove me wrong
:wink:

1 Like

I don’t listen to NIN, but of the quick listen I did have of a few random songs because you mentioned the group… NIN dosen’t sound nearly as harsh as combichrist or any of the other Industrial music that I listen to. I very much prefer the harshness

1 Like

May sound odd, but I open up the music player in Steam, and play the Boundless soundtrack. The in-game music is so good, but like you said - it doesn’t play enough.

I also like listening to podcasts or let’s plays while I’m playing. It really depends on what I’m doing.

10 Likes

I have actually thought of making a thread like this as I can’t play without some kind of music going and was curious what others listen too as well . I usually listen to Gorillaz , ZombieZombie or Steven Page .

2 Likes

When I’m really concentrating, like sorting gleambow stuff, lofi hip hop. Other than that the boundless music, a podcast, rap, or r&b. Or i’ll get a second tv/screen and watch some sports/catch up on old series i stopped watching and don’t mind missing parts of.

2 Likes

Elevator music…really gets you in the zone :joy:

2 Likes

I either listen to my regular music or the game music - zoning out to music with Boundless is so relaxing and healing for me, really makes me feel better, escape for a bit! :slight_smile: My music tastes are a little unusual, a lot of Celtic and New Age stuff, and I have my share of game tracks on my iPod (Inon Zur is a favorite, and another artist I like, David Arkenstone, also does game music).

5 Likes

That’s wassup!
It’s kind of the reason why I made the thread was to hear some artist and tracks I’ve never heard before, I’m glad you shared, along with the others - doesn’t matter if it’s unusual music a lot of it is new to me, might be new to others!

Pseudo is the dude right there playing the game music through steam, never thought of that!

1 Like

also this thread from the past…

2 Likes

If I am listening to music I’ll turn on some AViVA, Elderbrook, Micah Martin or Laura Brehm and just let youtube run. Though lately I just turn on audiobooks.

2 Likes

Thanks, dang it - thought I searched before posting… I know how some folks don’t like Necro though lol
more tunes to sift through now for sure

2 Likes

Necroing is fine if it’s relevant :smile: but a new topic is also okay!

7 Likes

Necro everything!!!

4 Likes

Only if relevant pls :laughing: :eyes:

3 Likes

I have been listening to this when i get bored and just explore…for some reason i tend to hold the spacebar down entire time and jump nonstop…odd haha

4 Likes

No promises :innocent:

3 Likes

I don’t have a strong preference on music in general, i like people from Michael Buble and Coldplay to NWA and Biggie. But for listening whilst playing Boundless I like Chillstep mixes, Studio Ghibli mixes, ‘Late Night’ mixes.

But I listened to this mix and ALOT early on in Boundless now I get mad nostalgia (even tho its only a year ago) whilst listening to it - its kinda sad/slow but happy:

6 Likes