What Games are you playing right now?

This thread deserves a bump because there are simply too many good games out right now… and not nearly enough time!

Obviously, Boundless gets the lion’s share of my time. #1 priority, no question. :wink:

NMS - Not nearly as much as in the past, jump on once or twice a week to explore and screenshot.
Torchlight 2 - If it weren’t for Boundless, I could see this actually being my big addiction right now. Really love everything about it, a MUST for Diablo fans. Great lootfest ARPG.
Eastshade - I just picked this up recently and it really deserves some love. :slight_smile: Such a beautiful, chill, charming gem! You play as an artist painting things, exploring, being nice to people, no fighting.
Farm Together - Mentioned this one before, but another game that really deserves more love. Completely chill experience, and a great pick for kids or those who don’t game much.
Borderlands 3 - Hard to believe I’ve only put a few hours into it. Thanks Boundless and other games, hehe! :rofl: I do like what I see though, love the photo mode they put in.
Citadel: Forged With Fire - This is a pretty neat, unique sandbox… deep, beautiful style. I sort of want to network with the fans of this as I think the people who love this would also love Boundless. Interesting aside: Has a system VERY similar to Boundless’ beacon/fuel system.
The Outer Worlds - Love what I’ve seen so far, just once again, not much, not enough time!
Minecraft - Simply because I can play it when I can’t play other stuff. Boundless replaced this addiction!

I keep seeing all this cool stuff posted about Death Stranding on Twitter… thinking of picking it up soon, but see my list above… :open_mouth: Eh, what’s another game on the pile though I guess? :wink:

1 Like

Has anyone tried Greedfall?

Saw it on sales on PSN but the reviews are all over the place. Trailer looks good…but the trailer always looks good.

1 Like

I just watched the trailer for Death Stranding. That does look pretty good.

1 Like

@bucfanpaka, I bought Death Stranding! I am so pumped up to play it. I must be living under a rock because i had never heard of it until I read your post this morning. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

All day I was trying to decide between it and Greedfall. Death Stranding looks so unique. Greedfall looked kind of like a run of the mill RPG.

1 Like

Excellent, let me know what you think!! :smiley: I have been very interested in what I’ve been reading of it, and I love the screenshots I’m seeing for it on Twitter… though, the main character does sort of look like a walking Jenga game in some of them, lol. :wink: I might pick it up tomorrow and add it to the pile!

1 Like

:rofl:

I’ll give you a report!!!

1 Like

Thanks!! :grin::+1:

… Know what is funny? After reading up on it, now I think I’ll pick up Greedfall soon! :laughing:

It sounds a bit like the Risen games. I’ve got a soft spot for budget RPGs and Eurojank, bigtime… love stuff like Risen and Elex. One game that I’m utterly confused about the horrible reviews for is Arcania: Gothic 4, played through that one several times, really loved the gameplay and atmosphere.

I just finished playing Portal 2.

1 Like

Well, bought Greedfall, it was on sale, not sure when I’ll play though! :joy:

Thanksgiving coming up though and not doing anything, may even burn some of my leave soon around then, figure it will be a total veg out time, good time to catch up on the backlog a little. :slight_smile:

Bump for FF VII so I can post some screens! :grin: It is so gorgeous - I’m going very slow though, playing in short bursts and taking everything in. Enjoying it more like I would a movie than a game in a sense… put it on Classic/Easy to avoid any frustration with the battles. High recommendation for this one! :+1:

Boundless still my favorite and bulk of my time :slight_smile: but I’ve got a lot going… Animal Crossing of course another big one for me. Trying out some lesser-known PS4 stuff, and got a few others going on the Switch. SO glad I preordered my Switch when I did - first, good luck getting one now unless you pay way above retail, but it really is one of the best purchases I ever made, I just love this thing!

1 Like

I was getting ready to make a comment about Chapter 3, but no spoilers. hehe

Great game!

1 Like

does anyone know Blockscape ?
early access, very messy, but has some interesting features :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very pretty, I’ll take a look at that! :slight_smile:

Another recommendation for Switch owners: Rune Factory 4 SE (there is an older version for 3DS, too). Game doesn’t get enough love - far as content goes, it is pretty incredible, IMO. Sort of an RPG-farming sim fusion with bits of lots of stuff, crafting, relationships, ect.

Endless Space 2

and

Planet Zoo

1 Like

there is not much to do there except for building and digging yet, but the fact that 1 block is just 25 centimeters is pretty cool

1 Like

Do you enjoy it? This has been on my wishlist :star_struck:
(I’ve got to wait until I get a new 360 AiO 1st)

1 Like

I just started playing a few weeks ago so I have not gotten to far in the career path yet. I do like it, but so far I like planet coaster more. I do like in both games that I can build my park or zoo with custom items as well as the standard items.

2 Likes

I have a thing for rebuying favorite games… added Diablo 3 and Dragon’s Dogma to my Switch collection. Lots of love for both of these. Dragon’s Dogma probably has my favorite combat in any game, fighting oversized mobs is a ton of fun - and even the annoying Pawn antics (“Wolves hunt in packs!” picks up random rock x1000 on both) become endearing. :joy:

1 Like

I bought Dragon’s Dogma awhile back and had fun at first, going to have to give it another try at some point. Kind of got stuck trying to fight guys with shields, I’m sure I was doing something wrong but it was like they had insane defense and attack, so I’d die whenever they hit me (sometimes 1-shot) and I couldn’t do much damage on them either. Didn’t have an issue with goblins, bigger goblins, cyclops, or any of the human wizard/archer/fighters without shields.

Not really sure if my classes were bad choices or I was fighting stuff I shouldn’t have been yet, or if I just suck at the combat!

Anyhow, I’ve been dipping by toe back into Fallout 76. They recently had a Wastelanders update that adds npc humans to the game, actual dialogue choices, skill checks, a bunch of stuff that probably should have been in in the beginning, but better late than never. I know Fo76 has been criticized a lot (and in many cases, rightly so) but I think for anyone who enjoyed Fallout 4 it’s probably worth checking out.

1 Like