What gaming headsets do people like IN BOUNDLESS

Hey guys,
I’m in the market for a new gaming headset to PLAY BOUNDLESS WITH. What headsets do you guys like FOR BOUNDLESS?

Caps are there for the off topic trolls.

I was looking at the Astro a10 and Runmus K11. Something in the $30-50 range.

Alternatively, I have Bose QC25’s and Shure SE215’s but the mic audio sounds awful on those. If anyone can recommend a cable that works for PS4 for them I’d buy that instead in a second.

I’m playing on PS4.

2 Likes

I’m playing on PC but I really like my Razer Kracken v2 Pro, but I got them referb so I did have a slight price drop from retail… I’ve started to wear them out over the past two years and probably need something with fresh cushions now actually that I am thinking about it.

I went through few headsets. Landed on a Turtle Beach Stealth 450.

1 Like

Astro A50 for EVERYTHING. I’ve had mine for 8 years. Still Awesome.

1 Like

I have been running a Hyper X cloud II set for about a year and a half

Good quality for everything

Im a PC player with a Razer tiamat 7.1, but I think it is way overkill for Boundless. For Ps4 I would say a turtle beach would serve you well.

Isn’t that rechargeable? The batteries are good after 8 years?

I know with my headset I can hear where meteor’s fall both in direction and distance, and I think that is awesome. I assume just about any decent stereo or 5.1 headset could do that too though (pretty sure mine isn’t 7.1 but is 5, not 100% on that).

Me no own a headset it come from the tv speakers Pfft Pfft pfft

2 Likes

I love my Steelseries Siberia 840

But those are no longer being sold. They have a better version now called the Arctics Pro.

I’ve got Steel Series Arctis 3, I had Razer Kraken pro for a couple years, but I always retracted the retractable mic, and this eventually made it have a bad crackle noise for others. The SSA3 also has a retractable mic but I haven’t retracted it once, in case the same thing might happen. I still use my krakens for music, they have really good bass.

I’ve also got a nice cheap pair of turtle beach earforce recon, they are quite nice for low cost.

Have you ever used a headset for gaming? It’s soooo much better than speakers.

I use Logitech, simple, cheap and reliable.

2 Likes

I’ve been using the ARCTIS PRO WIRELESS on the PS4. Excellent quality for wireless and love the quick swap battery.

The biggest advantage is having bluetooth as well. I can play the PS4 and also tune into Discord from my Mac or Phone with bluetooth. As expected, you can only have the Mic working on either Discord or a Playstation Party, but not both at the same time.

3 Likes

Yea I’ve thought about upgrading to those. But nothing is wrong with mine yet :sweat_smile:. I do love having one fully charged battery at all times.

I have to do the comparison between the Siberia 840 and the Arctic pros to see if it’s worth upgrading. The pads are nicer on the Arctic’s I know that. Wish I had different pads but those won’t work with my headset

1 Like

Not since Socom I haven’t really touched a headset lol

I have a wireless turtle beach stealth something on pc. Normally just go with my desk top speakers.

I play with the sound off more often than not :open_mouth: I listen to audiobooks while I play

I turned it up to hear the squishy feet sound though :laughing:

6 Likes

Not in your price range but I rather like the Sony Gold and Platinum ones. Used to have a gold one, now have the platinum after many years of use.

Good sound, excellent mic, can mix voice/game on the headset itself and I like the virtual surround it provides (tho you don’t really need that for Boundless :wink: )

2 Likes

I use a free-standing microphone that I run through a 5-channel Mackie Mixer that goes into my computer, and then I use a Sennheiser HD 598 Over-Ear Headphones. My voice is at a low decibel range so having the mixer and free-standing microphone I have better control over the sound coming through my microphone.