What if anyone could buy the recipe of the Wayfarer Totem?

As a person who doesn’t have either recipe:
No.

For the reasons many others have already mentioned. If you start giving up exclusivity, you ruin your reputation of exclusive items. WS promised exclusivity and they’ll stick to that.

How many zeros can you handle? :crazy_face:

24 Likes

The curiosity that made me post this thread has been fed.

Even though I’d still love to be able to craft Wayfarer Totems myself, even though I don’t like such items to be time-exclusivities or backers-reward, things are as they are, and for the greater good-

I accept the points that have been made. As far as I’m concerned, there’s no debate there anymore. :slight_smile:
Thank y’all! :smiley:

PS : @james Try me.

1 Like

Depends on which side of the decimal we’re talking.

6 Likes

checks wallet and shakes head
Guess I’ll be selling my dog…

4 Likes

IMG_0413

4 Likes

Why she throwing that money … she should spend a few bucks and fix them roots… They showing!!

5 Likes

At least 3 :sweat_smile:

In every other game ever, buying the “Deluxe” package just means you get a banana suit and start with an epic shotgun that is useful for the first 29 seconds of the game. I would have actually got the “Deluxe” package on PS4 had I known there were perks worth mentioning like extra plots and gold fists which are a relevant item. It’s ■■■■ that you can’t upgrade.

Also others should eventually be able to craft Wayfarer’s Totems once they have done a bunch of other stuff… like fully explore 20 planets and max out 5 skill pages or something. But it’s not something I lose sleep over.

Or don’t call this reward a Wayfarer’s totem - call it a Cool Dude totem so the backers get to still be special.

4 Likes

I KNOW, RIGHT?

When I first heard of the wayfarer totem, my first thoughts were that it was either a recipe you automatically learn when you’ve been playing for X amount of time, or a recipe you learn when you’ve discovered X regions.
I was disappointed when I learned it was an EA backer thing.

3 Likes

Not just aimed at you tho, but for the 55% who voted for EA only!

Aren’t the bonus plots worth way more to EA backers than the recipe for the totem?

And this I do not get, you want the exclusive recipe but are ok to craft them for anyone who asks like several others.

Then why not allow others to obtain the recipe as well?

What if in a year’s time all the people who can craft it stop playing??
Who do we ask then? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

While it would mean they can keep their exclusives wouldn’t those items you propose be better??

Like the golden fist is now over the iron fist backer item?

1 Like

They are harder to forge and the materials are harder to gather. I just figured it wouldn’t hurt…in the same way they added the golden fist to the deluxe package for anyone.

Maybe they could add a whole new tool/weapon instead? I dunno lol

2 Likes

My personal view is occasionally releasing rare content will create some excitement and interest… at least it seems to work great in other games. My kid can’t sleep when fortnight releases new content, even though he hasn’t played the game for weeks!!

I agree, but it shouldn’t be those exact items. If you start giving away exclusive items that were specifically given to initial investors that took a risk on the game & paid $$$$, it could lessen their value & foster distrust among the community.

I’d love to have those totems too, but I don’t. I’m ok with that. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Depends how long would the window be open? Do you want no zero, 1 zero, or 2 zeros before the comma?

Oh yeah, I know that feel. Though, mine was a bug that got fixed quite fast. I’m still pretty happy they allowed us to keep them, as they’re very rare to see these days.
Shame the company kind-of turned me away with recent actions, but it is what it is.

Since I picked to comment, however, I’ll say as a Wayfarer; There’s plenty of us still playing. I think the tier had a limit of 1500 or 2000 backers back then? Roughly.

I would rather new exclusives be added sort of like a seasonal thing; rewarding those who want to get cool stuff with IRL cash without diminishing the early backers. I myself am an early backer but only of the low tier as I didn’t understand the benefits that were available at the time.

Do I regret not getting the warefarer tier? Most definitely. But I prefer we avoid riots and find new ways to move forward that can enhance rather than diminish the game or those who supported it early on when the risk was veeeery present.

I like to think a new late backer thing gets added called ‘children of the EA Backers’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Or taking a queue from Stargate

‘Children of the gods’

4 Likes

Absolutely agree 200%. I do mean new unique items that have not been in game and never to be added again. Definitely not repeat of older special items.

1 Like

For my two cents, I think it would be nice if the exclusive items didn’t remain that way forever. Instead, there could be new items released that go into the hands of the backers for free, and their previous exclusive item would trickle down to deluxe bundle and standard version owners for cubits. The backers would retain exclusivity, and on the newest items, and all of us plebians would eventually get our own shot at handling all the nice toys.