What is going on?

I think regardless of what this may or may not imply from the dev perspective, we just keep doing what we are doing until we cannot do it any longer. We can secure and keep this community alive for as long as we are allowed to. Don’t drive yourself mad worrying about what may or may not happen, let’s just keep going.

17 Likes

thank you!

i think most are exaggerating and well the dev team is small and they have more projects going
doesn’t mean its the end of boundless…as long as there’s no closure message from the devs there’s nothing to worry about, not even the rumors that gets spread mostly.

4 Likes

So, this article says the new studio has 10 employees and plans to double that. Looking at Turbulenz’ financial records from last year (2020 filing for 2019 taxes), they had an average of 16 employees during that year. Since they also said that they have recently dramatically expanded the BG3 part of the studio, I think it’s safe to estimate that more than 6 employees are staying to continue working under Wonderstruck or whatever happens with the company structures that work on Boundless.

The only concerns I would have would be James’ focus and possibly continued supplemental revenue flows (if they were working on side projects, they likely needed the revenue), but I don’t think there is enough information to speculate on that.

Anyway, all of that aside… Like others are saying, we have what we have, and we have it until it’s gone. These giants may wake up and leave us, or they may continue dreaming up more ways for us to enjoy Boundless, but it’s not over until it’s over.

5 Likes

i mean, if you ask me, they’re realise what a sleeper they have here, and push for expansion and soft publicity, which will mean more servers are needed to house all the amazing new people. :+1::trophy::+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for the update, James.

4 Likes

Very wise words, Beth. Having lost my father in September, and the sad news of Aeneas’s passing, the finite nature of everything has given me a sense of perspective that I think I lacked and I’m just going to enjoy this, and life in general, as much as possible until either it or I cease to exist.

6 Likes

there has been this ‘‘they are going to shut it all down any minute’’ panic since I can remember. (2 years, several big updates ago)
worst case scenario: we are getting a working SP/ local, so we ain’t gonna be left boundless-less entirely.
more optimistic view: the game is getting another one of the promised features, and we know that the studio isn’t at the mercy of us buying GC and cubits.
as said before, let’s try to have fun with what we got

14 Likes

Whew… thank god the game continues. There really no other game I play anymore. And definitely no other game to Match my boundless addiction.:partying_face::+1:

4 Likes

Great advice from the Queen of Brown Town. :smiley:

1 Like

Will to live +100 :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Go devs go! For all the poor Tubios waiting!

5 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your mum. xx

5 Likes

Thank you, and my condolences on your dad too!!

4 Likes

May I ask, will the update include machines and furniture? :smiley: @james

Pretty sure he was just referring to what is in testing rn. So swords and shields, skills and multiverse

2 Likes

Nooooo!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

3 Likes

How @RedY3 wants to be seen ^^^

How Red actually is…

tenor (1)

5 Likes

:joy: for real though i was hoping for some furniture so I dont have to wait more to plan a new house (yet again) xD.

1 Like

I believe we just have to wait for that to go to testing someday. Im grateful we get a sneak peek at whats coming with the testing server. I wish more games had such a feature.

1 Like

Not on the plan. I’m hoping machines are next. Last time I asked, the Furniture “idea” hadn’t been tested enough to decide if that was the way they would go about executing furniture.

For those asking for Pants… umm I think you might need to go back to the end of the line with lots of cookies, milk, and reading material. Or go ask for a spot in @georgegroeg’s cryo tube and take a nap.

8 Likes

Thanks for the info. Sad news level 1000.

Cry-otube here I come (:laughing:)

6 Likes