What is the worst thing you have done?

Yeah, beacon sniping was a hugely debated issue for quite awhile.

The straw that broke the camels back (and sped up the introduction of the beacon reclaiming feature) came about when it was revealed that a couple of players had 20+ alts infiltrated into all the major guilds. Most didn’t know, joining a guild you could see the fuel of every members beacons that was aligned to that guild. They could literally just sit in the sanctum and watch it expire and immediately plot it and leisurely grab everything.

9 Likes

During the last week when your beacon is about to expire and it’s flashing in your beacon list, the beacon will have smoke coming up from it instead of flames. That’s how you know a beacon is expiring.

2 Likes

Awesome stuff! I never did that either but its a great technique. I had thought about that but I think I was too afraid of getting caught. I think it was that fear that made it so fun for me. I have some much stuff that one person who knows how I earned it suggested I open a store called Pirate Bay.

3 Likes

What? You mean I wasted hours roaming the planets looking for expired beacons when all I had to do was join a guild? Dang

3 Likes

That happened to me Alot until it became habit that I was Saving builds from Raiders not Scavenging them myself but that’s how I ended up with so many Trusted Relationships with Big Guilds :joy:

2 Likes

@RajFaheen

Yes and No…Yes, all you had to do is join a guild and see other members beacons/fuel. More likely No, however…the feature was soooo buried in guild book mechanics, even 95%+ of the veteran player base at the time didn’t even know about the feature.

5 Likes

I knew about the feature within a couple of weeks of joining my first guild. It was pointed out by my first guild master.

Sniping beacons sounds like fun. I think they should put that feature back in. :rofl: :innocent:

6 Likes

dont say it loud… im going to hoard greater beacon fuel :smiley:

too bad you cant stuff 100 into beacon

4 Likes

When they came up with the reclaim, there was some outcry from the “pirates”. Devs said that they would later add something to take the place of raiding. Never happened.

5 Likes

That sounds like a symptom of yummily immersive game physics :smiley: I don’t recall any other game I’ve played managing to give me goosebumps like Boundless’ first encounters with some crazy thing I didn’t know happened in the game.

4 Likes

Worst thing I’ve ever done, is get times mixed up, and not log in to renew the beacons on my giant slab of rocks I’d spent months casually placing down.

Though I’ve picked up steam on placing them, now that I’m back after a few years. The rock must flow.

5 Likes

Worst thing I’ve done is taking a Break!!

I Miss Everyone :cookie::heart::cookie::cookie:

15 Likes

Throw a party after the Birthday Event!

3 Likes

Sold exotic yam seeds and Petro for 10k/each lol

2 Likes

I wish I’d sold some of mine way back when it was newer, because I have a good 10k petro that I have nothing to really use for rn. lmao

2 Likes

I miss looting expired beacons. The best was when you knew a big build was going to expire and others were watching it too. Nothing like beating another group of players to the treasure.

Worst thing I did in game? If I was mining on an exo and someone ran up trying to steal what I uncovered I would regen bomb them back to the surface.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t consider that bad. That more sounds like karma for them trying to pull a fast one.

3 Likes

Yep, this one. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Actually, I miss them as well.

It was such a controversial topic, and the Boundless community is soooo against anything remotely inconvenient…it was just one of the many poor decisions that drove people away from the game.

Such a complex topic that is incredibly divisive - I get it. Heck, our avatars play the game in pastel diapers! ROFL

2 Likes