What is your Boundless Player Status?

With all the activity on the forums, I have noticed a good number of people commenting on the forums while also stating they aren’t active anymore or play very little. While I know life can get busy (I have a wife, 2 kids, a full-time job, other games) so I understand how life can get busy and stressful.

I figured I’d throw a quick poll out there and see what others would consider their Boundless status. Please feel free to elaborate or give details too!

• Boundless Forever! I play Boundless as often as possible!
  • Wish I played more, but can’t due to a busy schedule.
  • Not playing, but waiting on the next update.
  • Don’t care to play, I’m bored or just have no desire to play.
  • Don’t care to play, to much grind.

0 voters

1 Like

I burned out pretty hard. All of the friends I had made quit pretty much at once and everything just felt repetitive. I’d go on a hunt, maybe hit an exo, mine for a few hours, stare at my screen wondering what I was doing with my life. Then my son started kindergarten remotely this year so my time went to monitoring him because otherwise he doesn’t behave or do his classwork. I pay for gleam club for my beacons because I spent 2 weeks chiseling that damn tree, but I do also log in to fill my son’s beacons and I try to keep my portals fueled (my mom provides the oort as she’s still playing) but every time I log in my heart hurts because I know it just won’t satisfy me if I resume playing but I also can’t let it go.

4 Likes

Beth and I have 2 young sons, one is autistic and has extra needs, the other is a 3 year old drama queen. We still make time for the Boundless community whenever we can. Daily. These are our people, our friends <3

Brown Town will remain in game until we physically can no longer be there!

13 Likes

Torn between choices 1 and 2 - I do still play a lot, but there is other stuff now eating more and more into the time I put into it. However, I never see giving it up as long as it is there, the addictive loop of collecting/mining/hunting then selling is about the most relaxing thing I’ve found in gaming. :slight_smile: Very healing!

4 Likes

I play almost 24/7 but ima take short break to play Scarlet Nexus on release then be back boop

4 Likes

I have been there with many games @diannetea and I am sorry you are there now with Boundless. It’s good to see you still around and play from time to time though. I wish there was something I could do to the game more fun for you.

I tend to play a game until I can’t play it anymore… meaning I can at times burn myself out. Currently I play mostly alone and at times wish I played more in a group environment.

If there is anything I could do though to make the game fun for ya… just ask. :slight_smile:

@Spoodle and @Bethlehem I too have an autistic son and a son that feels he is the next big game streamer at 11 yrs old. I know the challenges that is takes to raise a special needs child and commend you on that and keeping up with the game and Brown Town like you do.

@BabyCookie I see you all the time. At the Gleambow hunt, DK Mall …all over :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Not all the player base is in the forum. If you pay attention we are like the same 20 or 40 people every time lol.

9 Likes

Oh, I know … I mentioned to several players in-game if they have questions to check the forums … and then get questioned where that is.

1 Like

Thank you! Ours is a master gamer too, and sometimes acts like he’s already a li’l streamer!

Yeah, we take breaks every now and then - family comes first - but we’re never away for long, and boundless will always be our home away from reality <3

2 Likes

We go to theme parks like religiously… so we tend to stay pretty busy.

2 Likes

Wait are you really telling me not every one is on the forum :pleading_face: Why?
:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

Back on topic
Play as much as i can… taking breaks here and there of course by choice and not by choice ( like :eyes: screaming, head :boom: at times both…).
But play as much as i can love boundless…

3 Likes

Cancel my last comment Battlefield 2042 was announced I’m be playing Boundless til release me go back to Hardcore Killer mwahahaha

8 Likes

Even when im on a break from boundless i still play boundless, at minimum 6hrs/week going to 2 hunts and running 1 hunt, plus what ever time it takes to clear out the reclaim beacons…

currently paying for gleam club and 3 small sov planets… i will probably let one of those sovs go as i think we have a better sapphire planet.

2 Likes

I will always have a need for a building game. I started with FPS games back in the day… playing multiplayer throughout the Quake series, playing Unreal Tournament, CoD, Battlefield. Halo… you name it I probably played it and still play a few here and there.

Boundless is a lot more relaxed for me and luckily it gives me the ability to jump on and off of it or go AFK… one thing I could only do between matches in FPS games.

2 Likes

I played battlefield on a professional level going to tournaments in house and over seas loved the game but always liked Modern Warfare or Future Warfare never liked WWII days so I didn’t play most recent ones.
boundless was good deterrent I still play when release but not as much

4 Likes

CoD Mobile, of all games, has been eating into some of my evening Boundless time, but “Let’s build” and “Let’s shoot stuff” are very different itches to scratch.

2 Likes

@BabyCookie @Rydralain

I think that playing a couple games keeps you from burning out. I tend to rely on several games and different genres. I try to play an FPS when I just want to shoot something and more faster-paced (CoD, Apex, Valorant, etc.), I have always had an MMORPG somewhere on my computer (that’s been FFXIV lately), I also have a few mobile games I play here and there. I do play Fortnite with my son at times, but he has graduated from Dad to friends… so I am thankful for that.

4 Likes

Yep, different games for different moods. :slight_smile: Different types of games meet different psychological needs better. Boundless does scratch a lot of itches, but sometimes I just want to fire up something like a Saints Row game and go on a full-on Evil Paka rampage. :smiling_imp: Good to mix things up a bit! :wink:

Edit for CSB: Driving like a maniac in one of the Just Cause games (great for rampages), running people over, hitting things, ect. Didn’t realize my husband was watching. Hear deadpanned from behind me suddenly - “I hope you don’t drive our car like that!”

5 Likes

Sheesh … I will be looking over my shoulder from now on when I visit any of your planets @bucfanpaka

“IS THAT CAR LIGHTS!!??!!??”

“Nevermind, it’s just a cuttletrunk”

2 Likes

I like any regular gamer I hit a certain point in the game then I move on
before Boundless I also played FFXIV my goal was to Hit max cap on gil which I did now I play boundless boop which I love to play don’t really know my goal yet but. Yea it’s good to play other games to avoid burnong out boop

2 Likes