What kind of new Blocks, would you like to see?

H&R Block – can only be used the first three-and-a-half months of the year.

3 Likes

What does H&R mean?^^

It’s a pun on the (US) tax preparation company of the same name.

Oh ok no wonder I don’t get the joke xD

Ancient block, block that has some gliph or image or rune ( shinning or not depending on if it´s activated or not ) on it.Can be sandstone block ( like egypt ruins ) or rock block ( like nordic ruins ).

1 Like

I’d like to bump and revive this topic.

I’m currently working with @olliepurkiss to get everything in place to try and create some final quality worlds. To do this we need an updated World Builder (in the pipeline + coming soon), enabling us to create an epic collection of biomes (we’ll be sharing details about this once the World Builder is available.) These biomes will be created with an updated and complete set of blocks and resources.

If anyone has ideas for blocks that we could include - now is the time to share them.

So? Any ideas? Maybe your block will appear in the next World Builder update!

The process I’m following is to think about Real world / Earth like biomes and Imaginary / Otherworldly / Alien biomes and see if any additional blocks would make these biome more complete or believable. There is a long list of biome ideas in this devlog post.

7 Likes

Here’s a mix of block and block decorations:

• I would really like to see more foliage types that can connect together.
    • For example, it would be really nice to be able to have small bushes (maybe 2x2x1 ish). The existing tree leaf blocks are nice and all, but they don’t look very great when they’re on the ground approximating bushes.
    • Vines!
    • Moss
    • Some more distinct texturing for the mold block type
  • Snow
  • Small rocks - may or may not be “blocks” (e.g. collision, or no). Gotta be able to camouflage the territorial criters!
  • Cracked earth
  • Marbled mineral(s)
  • Crystal
  • Volcanic rock types (pumice, obsidian, flowed formations)
  • Semi-cooled lava (e.g. immobile, but still glowing a bit; slightly damaging)
  • Some more alien block ideas:

Misc blocks that wouldn’t be accessible from WB, but would be useful nonetheless:

• Glass panes
3 Likes

Pa…Paint blocks? You touch then and paint x amount of blocks you touch after? I dunno xD

1 Like
  • Natural climbable surface

• Foliage block that looks like dry/dead branches (so we can add details to dead trees)

• Cracked Stone chunks & sandstone

• Cave blocks that light up upon stepping on them like Redstone in Minecraft:

• Gravity affected blocks like gravel and sand in Minecraft (preferably one that is stable until someone steps on it)

4 Likes

By gravity do you mean that they react when you step on them or do you mean like “Anti gravity” blocks?

Cloud/Fog blocks, could reduce movement speed slightly, reduce player sight.

Might be cool if there was a tool you could use to ‘mine’ it and put it in a glass box as an opaque window. That might open the door to a system where you can change the transparency of glass. If you want privacy you press a button that makes the glass opaque, then you press the button again to make it transparent.

5 Likes

Looking back at Lleb, The magenta trees and the dark green leaves on the ground made me think of decaying leaves.

Compost blocks, usually found in rain forest biomes (or any kind of forest biome), can be used as fertilizer in farms if making your own compost takes too long for your agricultural needs. It has the similar texture of the leaves except they have a darker and wilted look to it mixed with fallen bark. The compost blocks generate naturally within a certain radius of the tree to a maximum height of 1 block.

4 Likes

Do you plan on having activatable spike/trap blocks that tie in with the electricity systems in the works? That would be cool :smile:

2 Likes

Mud blocks (slow to walk on)?

8 Likes

A 1/16th thickness “stepping stone” tile that can be placed on top of other blocks (such as mud) that makes it as if the player is running on solid stone. Place vertically on walls to give a tiled stone decorative finish to houses.

4 Likes

Maybe a two-way mirror?.. or if reflection is too much… opaque on one side, can see thru the other side.

3 Likes

Some kind of porous block which gives off a harmful gas when trodden on or hit.

Coral or other types of fixed water creature/plants (would be nice to make swimming a requirement for gathering water based resources as opposed to just being a means of getting from one island to another).

5 Likes

We had a long discussion on that somewhere on the forums, on transparency and reflection. I cant quite remember but i think it was something along the lines of those blocks would have to render the entire world twice? making it extremely heavy on any computer.

2 Likes

Don’t know if this is in the game or not, perhaps the shards I very briefly read about will do the same thing, but how about elemental blocks.

Lightning block: emanates electricity, could be used to power things, makes hair stand up on the end of user carrying it. You take slight damage when mining it (unless wearing certain equipment), no damage for holding it or being near it. Could be used to craft a lightning based weapon (staff?) Cool lightning animation, purple/blue color.

Water block: not to be confused with actual water. Wet. makes splashing animation when walking on. Could be used as a water source. Could be used to craft a water based weapon (maybe a weapon that does ice damage). Cool water animation, blue color.

Fire block: glows and emanates heat, could be used as a light block. You take slight fire damage when mining it (unless you wear special equipment), no damage for holding it or being near it. Could be used as a crafting item for a fire weapon that can shoot fireballs. Cool fire animation, orange/red color.

Air block: Could be used to craft an air based weapon, something that pushes enemies back a certain number of blocks. I’m thinking the block would look similar to the shouts or spells in Skyrim (in block form).

The Elemental Block: a combination of the lightning, water, fire, and air blocks. Could be a power source the titans use (if not to power the titan, maybe to power certain aspects of a titan, give the titan different elemental attacks). Could be used to craft an awesome looking weapon. Would have a cool animation, possibly changes color and animation or be a mixture of the color/animation of the other four blocks.

These blocks could be used just for decoration as well.

1 Like

we need that

1 Like