What Kind of Services Can I Provide on a Plot?

Hello! I’ve been checking out Boundless because I got it from the Humble Monthly program. I’ve been really enjoying it so far, but haven’t managed to convince any friends to join me (yet).

The footfall system seems really neat to me. I noticed people talk a lot about player owned shops, and I’m assuming that’s how one would attract footfall.

I noticed I cannot use the crafting benches or really look at the interface of anything in another player’s plot. Are there things I will unlock later I could use to attract players to my plot? Or just aesthetic?

If not, are there any plans for this? Shops sound cool too, but games, or something to provide a small benefit, or a buff, or anything to give people a reason to just stop by my plot would be really cool (and give me more incentive to check out other people’s things).

Either way, a really cool gem I had no idea existed. I used to play Trove, but it’s really gone off in a direction I don’t enjoy. Boundless scratches the MMOVoxelBuildingRPG itch that I used to use Trove for.

9 Likes

Hi and welcome!
There’s a ton of ways to attract visitors to your place. Shops and cool builds are good ones but there are also player made events and games, malls, portal networks, hunting platforms, and some others I’m forgetting, lol.
If it’s interesting or useful, people will come check it out.

2 Likes

Welcome to Boundless! There are many different ways to attract footfall, in fact, you have boundless opportunity. (Badum-tss)

Haha real-talk though, the most common method is owning a shop, especially one at one of the player-made malls. Other common attractors of footfall include huge, extravagant builds, or public farms/mines.

Something that really helps is having your place connected to popular portal networks. Again welcome to Boundless, and enjoy your stay! :boundless:

4 Likes

Thanks, guys! I saw this thread just now and that event looks incredible! So that uses lights that are on timers? How much logic can be built into boundless? I love building circuits and programming, I didn’t expect to see something like that in this game :slight_smile: .

5 Likes

No logic yet, unfortunately. Those lights are liquid timers. Here’s how they work ⏲ Liquid Light TIMER

5 Likes

Welcome to the game! Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Something I would highly recommend, join some of the guild discords. The people are great and are extremely helpful when you have a question.

To list a few;

TNT

Portal Seekers

Sasquatchville

4 Likes

I would avoid those two, there are a lot already.
Networks and those are not easy to maintain.

3 Likes

Public farms don’t generate alot of footfall lol. I own a majorly used farming business and footfall is hit and miss. Best I’ve done in a week is probably 5k in footfall.

Come give us a visit lol

3 Likes

I’ve been holding out hope that we will get some form of logic in this game one day but right now as others have said there’s none. Welcome to boundless! If you need anything don’t hesitate to ask. It’s an addicting game for sure

4 Likes